Frequent Contributor

slacks or skirt with tights and boots

Going to a Holiday luncheon. Have Isaac Mizrahhi animal print cardigan in green. (a237075) Can't decide weather to wear with slacks or Joan Rivers ponte knit skirt (A235382) with black tights and black boots. Also if wearing with skirt and tights, should I wear black suede scrunch boots or black leather? Both boots are below knee. Thanks for your help.
Trusted Contributor

Re: slacks or skirt with tights and boots

I like a skirt with boots over slacks any day. Dress pants are so boring in my opinion. I only wear them when I am trying to be very conservative. I had a job interview last week and I couldn't decide skirt or pant suit. I ultimately went with pants--more conservative. But for a holiday luncheon, I'd go with the skirt. Have fun!
Valued Contributor

I also vote for a skirt w/boots for a holiday luncheon. I would also go the black suede boots. I think that would look really cute! That is what I would wear if it were me. Whatever you go for, enjoy!!{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor

Isaac Mizrahi Live! Animal Jacquard Zip Front Cardigan

Joan Rivers Ponte Knit Pull-on Slim Skirt

I envision the black leather boots, since the skirt is a bit more fitted.

Respected Contributor

I would wear the skirt, black tights and black leather boots.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't care for skirt & tights on a woman over 30.

Frequent Contributor

Thanks for your help, everyone. Well, I am way over 30. More than double that. Guess that tights and skirt look is over for me. LOL Just trying to keep up with the fashion trends