Valued Contributor

I don't do Black Friday shopping, do you?

I hate the crowded stores and the madness. I have a friend who lives for it! She's at Walmart all night. Last year my hubby and son stood outside Sam's Club ALL NIGHT! Me? I was at home in a cozy bed sleeping and dreaming about cyber Monday.

Super Contributor

Re: I don't do Black Friday shopping, do you?

No, I don't. Have some friends who eat dinner late then head out the door to be in line at places! Read something online yesterday about the Black Friday deals not being all that great. Good luck to those who do go!!! Happy Shopping!

Respected Contributor

NEVER EVER!

Super Contributor

You couldn't pay me enough money to go shopping on Black Friday. I also won't be out on Thanksgiving either.

Crowds are not my thing.

Trusted Contributor

I only do mine online. I refuse to go participate in the madness. Don't like traffic jams, long lines, and rude . No shortage of that.

It always amazes me , how so many hearts are so hard , especially at this time of year. Rudeness and the "all about me mind set " - just seems to inflame at this time of the year.{#emotions_dlg.mellow}

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Super Contributor

I will go to the malls but at 6 am not at 3am. I like the thrill of it all, it kind of adds to the holiday for me. I do not have alot of people to buy for so maybe that is why I like it so much.

Honored Contributor

My sister and I go every year. We start at the more civilized hour of 6:30. Shop at the mall first and then get out of there before it starts getting really crowded. Then over to Target where the early morning crowds have thinned out and then an early lunch at Ruby Tuesday.

If we're not done and need to go there Best Buy is after lunch. That's where the lines are longest.

Fortunately, we're past the Toys R Us stage so we don't have to get in that frenzy.

We've been shopping on black Friday for years and years- easily over 25. We have a great time.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

My son-in-law lives for this day. He starts weeks ahead mapping out this route. He subscribes to a lot of geeky (sorry) websites (he has a masters degree in electrical engineering, connections) so he's all about electronics.

He's gotten many amazing deals over the years. Did you know there's a website that will (within hours) notify you if there is an add that has been misprinted? Yepper!

Two years ago some large store misprinted a price for a flat screen TV. Before they realized he (and others) were at the store, add in hand and they had to honor it before it was changed. He bought several TV's and sold them on Craigslist.

He does that with computers. Because he's so smart he can take a really cheap computer and turn it into something amazing.

So, if you're dumb like me, you should probably stay home. But if you have any smarts and good shopping savvy, go for it the bargains are out there.

I've just never thought it was worth it. I also have a friend who she and her late mom loved getting up at 4:00AM and heading out. I love that people still do it.

Respected Contributor

No, I am finding the retailers already have some of their best deals out already! I just bought a Dell laptop, from Dell, that was reduced $400, now for $649! And it is top of the line with Intel 7 processor! Also their 7" Dell tablet added for $99.
Trusted Contributor

I worked Black Friday at a large local mall when I worked retail years ago. That turned me off of Black Friday shopping forever. The mall was a zoo. I don't have the patience to deal with large crowds, especially large crowds of obnoxious,rude people. I wait for Cyber Monday.