Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (Wednesday, November 19)

Good Morning Ladies!

I spent quite a while trying, but I couldn't post yesterday. I could read the thread, just not post. Color me frustrated. LOL It is amazing how upset I can get over computer/internet problems. Most things don't seem to bother me that much.

Not sure if I mentioned it here, but it turned out my class on the Crimean War was yesterday rather than Monday, and there was no way for me to make the class. I'm not happy with myself for mixing up the dates, but I am trying to be kind to myself.

My volunteer job went fine yesterday, and the plumber came on time. He charged more than I expected, but at least I feel comfortable that my hot water heater has been flushed and the outdoor faucets are protected.

Hope Jean has an okay day at work. So very cold where you live -- yikes! And, I know that it is very cold where several of you live. Hope everyone keeps warm and safe.

DGS' car needed $500+ worth of repairs, but I the mechanic thought it was worth saving. Oh well, it is only money. Looks like Army DGS may be deployed in December. He will know for sure early next month. I'm hoping he will be able to take some college classes via the internet as the college promised. But, we will see. He is not supposed to talk about it, so I don't feel comfortable in providing more details.

Waves to Jean, Kathleen, Arlene, twinny (hope your Mom can take care of her eyedrops and the clinic didn't have bad news), Marijane, LindaR, Susan, Rosa, Gayle, Kelli, Karen, Val, and all of our posters and readers.

DH and I had a nice walk this morning after breakfast (when it was a little warmer), and I plan to go to COSTCO soon. This afternoon, I plan to go to Curves. DH and I did make it to the gym yesterday afternoon -- late, but.....

Have a nice day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (Wednesday, November 19)

Hello Linda! Computer issues frustrate me to no end, and I have an electronics degree so I figure I would be a little more patient but now!

I am furiously trying to get some work done and I accomplished what needed it.

I was thinking it really didn't get cold out because the house was so warm, then I went to leave and discovered I had left it on 75! lol It was freezing out but it is 60° out there already.

I was a little stressed with packing and everything last night. Called DH and he started asking me questions. Where are we going to park? Do you have the address? Blah blah more questions? I finally told him he was making me MORE stressed and I was going to call my Mother!! I did, and felt better by the time we hung up.

Did not get a whole lot of sleep though. I drive up to city home tonight and we fly out tomorrow morning, will be in Vegas at noon. I'm really looking forward to a bunch of days with my Beloved.

Hugs to all!

Respected Contributor

Hi girls!

LindaL, I can relate to frustrating computer problems. Mine had been running very, very slow - some pages were taking forever to load, and videos and radio programs kept buffering. My ISP is supposedly the fastest in the country, so I called to complain and they sent a repairman right out yesterday afternoon. He said the problem was that there was too much interference - he counted 15 other wi-fi signals that my computer was picking up - so he changed the broadband channel and it's working just fine now.

If you DGS deploys, send me his address on FB - I'll be happy to send him some home-made cookies and other stuff.

It's a bit warmer today - 44° - so I'm headed out to the mechanic in a bit to get my headlight replaced. I made them my Honeybun cake, which is always very popular.

Nothing much else going on here; I just wish winter was over with!

Have a blessed day, everyone!

Esteemed Contributor

Good evening, everyone! I am home from work. It was ten degrees at my house when I left for work. I had picked up one of those infinity scarves at Walmart on a whim and because of the price. I just say that it worked very well to keep my neck warm. No, it isn't the highest quality but it worked and many people commented on how good it looked as I continued to wear it with the top I had on. Not bad for a $7 item! I'm actually thinking of getting it in other colors. I hadn't thought I would like one of these but it really looked great.

Linda--Sorry you had computer problems yesterday and couldn't post. Who knows why that happens? It is good that the plumber came and now your water heater, etc. are winterized and ready to go. I do hope the Army DGS is able to take college classes via the Internet, and that the $500 repair on the car lasts a long time for DGS.

Arlene--It is good that the ISP repairperson was able to restore your signal to the promised speed. I do hope the headlight repair went well. I also think you love to bake but also know that people appreciate your gifts.

Kathleen--Enjoy your time in Vegas. Remember, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas....unless you want to share it with us. Getting prepared for a trip can be challenging but it is worth it when you have a wonderful time.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

I couldnot get on yesterday.

LindaL: Hugs to you---prayers for our military at church on Sundays. I will silently remember your DGS--in my own prayers.

Kathleen: Have a wonderful time---Vegas!!!

Jean: Sometimes an inexpensive purchase can work wonders!!

I just learned that a friend of mine has breast cancer. She will have a biopsy in two weeks but it is about 99 per cent. If you could say a prayer---she is a very sweet lady. I know she doesn't come on these forums so she won't know I am talking about this. Oh how things can change in the blink of an eye!.

Hugs to all.