Super Contributor

I'm not sure if this had been discussed, but I found tonight that Coldwater Creek is up and running again. If the link doesn't work, just do a Google

http://www.coldwatercreek.com

Respected Contributor

Re: Coldwater Creek is Back!

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Honored Contributor

I always enjoyed CC before they opened their stores. I had a store in my nearby mall and only shopped there once. Their prices were outrageous! Styles fuddy duddy. Maybe I'll prefer them on-line again?

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I liked them years ago when they were very rustic. Not so much since.

Super Contributor

The fashions seem a little more updated now

Contributor

That's interesting.

One of the local CC employees told me that CC was in so much debt that no one wanted to bail them out. Guess they found someone after all.

Super Contributor

I checked out the website and their fashions are very similar to Talbots although CWC denies they are held by the same company. There will not be any retail stores, according to the website, so I find it laughable that they have a link for 'careers'. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Super Contributor

My understanding is that when Coldwater Creek went out of business, they sold their name and branding to Talbot's. The new website launch is actually from Talbot's. That's not necessarily a bad thing. Talbot's is a good brand, although quite conservative and rather expensive. What remains to be seen is if the merchandise will be of comparable quality and value to the original CC. It's bound to be different in some ways. We certainly don't need a clone of Talbot's. I'm hoping...

Valued Contributor

On 11/19/2014 depglass said:

I liked them years ago when they were very rustic. Not so much since.

Hmm, not sure I'd have termed the earlier styles rustic, at least, not in all cases. But they were definitely more interesting and a lot less generic in the 1990's and early 2000's.

They did use to use a bit of western styling occasionally, come to think of it. But I have some older dresses I still wear on occasion, long-sleeved knits with a flared skirt, that are over ten years old, and I still get compliments whenever I wear them. That's the kind of thing I miss. Oh, and my leather tan and black print duster! Still love that, too.

Come on, CC, we already have Talbot's - show us something different! (And I say that as a Talbot's customer.)

"Behold! We are not bound forever to the circles of the world, and beyond them is more than memory." J.R.R. Tolkien
Esteemed Contributor

For years, I bought 90% of my clothes at CC. Then their quality and style went kaput. I've found other places to shop and I'm not going back.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt