Honored Contributor

I love bangles since they've begun making them oval but hate cuffs. I had a few cuffs and never wore them so I've given them away. They just look cheap to me since less metal in needed. I feel the same about faux pockets. A way to cut costs.

So, does anyone prefer cuffs?

Honored Contributor

I do not wear cuffs because my wrist is too small and they fall off. I like the look of them and wish I could wear them but I will stick with bangles (some of them are also too large).

Honored Contributor

I don't care for most bangles (big, clunky, noisy) but I like some cuffs - if I can find them in a small size. My wrist is about 5.5 inches. I like cuffs that fit close to my wrist & don't get in my way or catch on things.

Honored Contributor
On 11/18/2014 willdob3 said:

I don't care for most bangles (big, clunky, noisy) but I like some cuffs - if I can find them in a small size. My wrist is about 5.5 inches. I like cuffs that fit close to my wrist & don't get in my way or catch on things.

That's true and also cuffs can be bent some to make them fit closer. With cuffs that little bit of naked wrist just bothers me.

Super Contributor

I only wear cuffs in colder weather. I don't like the larger widths of metal so close to my skin when it's hot. I like cuffs because you can squeeze them for a tighter fit, while bangles are usually too big for me.

Overall, I like hinged bangles best, in a small size.

Super Contributor

I have four David Yurman cuff bracelets that I wear regularly (not together, though). However, they are uncomfortable when I work on the computer, so I take them off.

I have a few gold bangle bracelets that I don't wear too often. You've inspired me to pull them out and start wearing them again!

Honored Contributor
On 11/18/2014 Clover29 said:

I only wear cuffs in colder weather. I don't like the larger widths of metal so close to my skin when it's hot. I like cuffs because you can squeeze them for a tighter fit, while bangles are usually too big for me.

Overall, I like hinged bangles best, in a small size.

Oh, they have to be hinged. I have a 6" wrist and those slip on round bangles are not good.

Super Contributor

Only a hinged cuff above my bracelet. I hate bracelets hanging on my hand. I only own one hinged cuff, not that crazy about them. I prefer stretch and tubogas bracelets.

Honored Contributor

... bangles, cuffs. Depending on the bracelet, I love them both. I do love my arm candy. OP seems to think that every single cuff bracelet in the entire world is the same bracelet....lol Every single cuff bracelet in the world has less metal than a bangle....lol Some of the broad generalities that people make do make laugh.

Esteemed Contributor

don't care for either...cuffs are too confining...bangles are noisy...and make it difficult to write or use the computer...always in the way...