Respected Contributor
How do you keep makeup off your turtlenecks? Do you wait to put on your makeup after you put your turtleneck on? I see ladies wearing lovely cream colored turtlenecks and just cannot figure out how they do it. Help?
Honored Contributor

Yes- get dressed first.

Or, wear Liquid Knit and use baby wipes. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Trusted Contributor
I have a scarf dedicated solely for this purpose. It is a square scarf I fold into a triangle and wrap around my face and tied loosely in the back. Turtleneck slips right over scarf. Do likewise when removing turtleneck. If I know I will be shopping for clothes and trying them on I take the scarf with me, it is such a turn off for me to see clothes hanging with makeup . Give it a try. I have been doing this for as long as I can remember and it works very well.
Super Contributor
I think getting dressed first is a great idea....I mostly wear black turtlenecks so I usually don't have a problem with that and never thought about it...good question AGV!
Respected Contributor

I get dressed first but don't put fondation heavy on anyway that it would come off..I don't use it under the jaw or anything like that..I use it really as a touch up only around the nose to even out skin tone and under eye but don't do a heavy hand full face.

Honored Contributor

I no longer wear turtlenecks since we live now where it is warm , but when I did they were mostly white or ivory. I never had any issues with makeup coming off on them. I always put my MU on before I dress but I use a light touch with MU so it doesn't tend to rub off.

Super Contributor

When I was trying on wedding gowns (many years ago), the bridal shop would put a silk scarf over my head before trying the gown on. It kept the gowns clean and would keep the customers makeup from streaking or smearing. I still do the scarf trick when wearing a tutleneck or anything that has a narrow neckline.

Trusted Contributor

Who puts on heavy foundation all the way down their necks, anyhow? If it's coming off all over my clothes, I'm probably wearing too much! In spades, if I'm wearing a garment that covers my neck anyway........

Honored Contributor

Put it on before I begin my face.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Super Contributor

I always put my makeup on and do my hair after I'm dressed.