Super Contributor

Do you ever wear your cardigans belted?

I used to do this a lot, but as much anymore. Whenever I wore jewel-neck cardigans, I would use a thin belt. For longer cardigans, a medium-width belt.

I have some older long cashmere cardigans that have belt loops and a self belt. I do wear those belts.

How about you?

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you ever wear your cardigans belted?

Sometimes I do if it needs a little extra something. I have a lot of belts that I've gotten from Chicos and WHBM.

Honored Contributor

Yes I do belt cardigans. I use a thin belt on finer gauge and shorter length cardigans and I use a wider belt on longer, thicker cardigans.

I have been purchasing more fly away cardigans because I belt them or have a closure put on them. Before I ruled those types of cardigans out.

I also saw Colleen Lopez on HSN belt a poncho and have done that and I really like that look.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi maddie ~

I very rarely belt a sweater. I think I am too short-waisted for this look. Remember all the flack Leah Williams used to get for wearing her belts under her bubbies? LOL

And besides, it makes me feel fat. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

I used to swear off fly away sweaters because I didn't want all that fabric around my body. I do, however own an open front, quasi fly-away that really nips in at the waist and is more figure-flattering on my body.

Super Contributor

A few years ago you used to see VIPs doing that

but not so much anymore. I really don't like the looks

of belts with cardigans.

Super Contributor

No.

Honored Contributor

I've never done it.

Honored Contributor

Yes I do. I love the look, I've been belting cardigans for many years. I have thin black patent belt and a thin gold metallic belt that are reserved for my cardigans. It works well for me because while I am not by any means a small girl; I do have a curvy figure and a flat stomach and well defined waist. I wear lots of belts.

Respected Contributor

Never -- whenever I consider it, I worry that I would be adjusting the belt/sweater/underpinning all day long. I hate clothing that needs to be "adjusted" constantly.

Respected Contributor

My days of belting are long gone when I'd wear super tight cinch belts for a tiny waist. The only belts I'v worn in recent years are the ones that set at the hips over a dress or tunic.