Esteemed Contributor

Shopaholics ODAT -- Monday, November 17

Good Morning Ladies! It was very cool here this morning -- 34 degrees when I got up. That is almost 20 degrees lower than yesterday morning. I know for some of you 34 degrees sounds warm, but.....

It is nice and sunny outside, and DH and I took our walk a bit later in the morning.

I have a one-time class today (Crimean War), and then I will go to Curves for weigh in and measure plus exercise. They have started a new contest where you need to have 30 points (mostly for workouts) in 60 days. There will be some prizes at the end.

The plumber called to say he will be here tomorrow afternoon to drain the hot water heater and winterize the outside pipes. I was about to call him again since he hadn't returned my call for a week or so. Glad to get that out of the way.

No TSV for me since cashmere and my skin don't mix well, plus I have tons of scarves and not that much opportunity to wear them. I hope any who order enjoy them.

Hopefully, cleaning will be accomplished this morning.

Waves to Jean, Kathleen, Arlene, twinny, LindaR, Marijane, Susan, Gayle, Kelli, Karen, Rosa, Nancy, Val, and all of our posters and readers.

Have a good day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT -- Monday, November 17

Hope some of you ladies will let us know what is going on with you today.

Respected Contributor

Hi Linda - looks like it's me and you so far!

It's another icky, nasty, cold day - it was pouring heavily all day yesterday and all night into the morning, and looks like we might have more rain today. I was up most of the night - I started a new Jeffrey Deaver book - The Skin Collector - and it was so good I couldn't put it down! That man sure has quite the imagination - good thing he became a writer and not a criminal...although he was a lawyer for a while, so... Wink

Nothing much going on; I do have some letters that need to get written, and since my new car headlight finally arrived I have to make a cake for my mechanic - he said he'd put it on for free, but I know he was hoping I'd being in a treat.

I was talking to my pool guy and told him I don't know if I'll bother with the pool next summer - that's been two years in a row where I hardly got to use it, and I've been spending a lot of money on it. I figure each swim this last summer cost me over $30! {#emotions_dlg.scared} Anyway, since the last time I talked to him in about July he met a nice woman and is getting married later this month. I hear all these stories about people meeting someone - as for me, I've given up on ever finding my "Mr. Right." {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Hope everyone is doing well and checks in later. Have a blessed day, everyone!

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. Wow! That does sound unusually cold for you. Hopefully, that doesn't last long. As dedicated as you are, you will likely win one of those prizes at Curves. I do hope you get everything winterized soon.

Arlene--I don't blame you for not wanting to get the pool ready for use when summer comes. It just hasn't been the right type of weather in the summer to justify using the pool from a cost view point. The book sounds like something I would enjoy.

Gayle--You asked about the epilator at Amazon. There are a variety but this one is a slim one which would work well for facial hair and also for travel. Do a search for Emjoy Epi Slim Epilator Latest Edition. It is battery operated.

I worked today and switched assignments. I had spent far too long in that one teacher's class. I had prepared Friday to make the change. I just like a little variety and there is no difference in money received.

I came home and got my insulation to wrap the outside pipe. I had bought it at Walmart and got the largest diameter they had, but I need about a quarter of an inch more. It is that insulation that slips onto the pipe and you seal it with the tape on the insulation wrap. I may go to Lowes when I go back to the city and see if they have the right size. We are expecting a wind chill of around zero tonight, and tomorrow night there is the possibility of record low temperatures again.

I haven't seen the TSV presented but know what it is. I just don't need it. I have a winter scarf I can use around the neck as needed. It does the trick. Right now, I'm relaxing after work with a cup of coffee while watching QF.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

LL, We are expecting highs of 17 degrees today--25 degrees below normal. Winter has officially kicked in as we had our first snow storm on Saturday. It was only an inch, so very manageable. According to the old Indian formula we will get 38 snowfalls this winter. My DH predicted only 24. He was totally wrong as the official count is very often right.

Today one of my BF's DH had to go to our local dermatologist for a skin cancer recheck. He seems fine now. They came late morning so we all went out for lunch. Then we came back & played cards. Us gals got lucky for once.

DH did eye drop duty at 11:00 this morning. Since it is cold & windy out we took mom to the bank while I went to Shopko for my Lidocaine. It was all out on Friday, so I was glad to pick it up today. It numbs my port before my infusion. We did eye drops a little late today & called it quits for the day. DH doesn't have to go over tonight.

FHG, so nice that your fix it guy found a lady that he really likes. Glad that the head light came & you can get it done for some goodies.

Jean, The TSV doesn't interest me either. I have some nice scarves that go with all of my fleece jackets/coats. They are all very warm & that is what counts in the winter. We have a full basement so we don't wrap the pipes. DH has to bring in the hose though. We are expecting 40's by Sunday. That will feel like a heat wave to us.

Nothing exciting going on around here today or probably tomorrow.

Hugs to all of you.