Not applicable

Sizing - why has QVC stop posting the sizing of the clothing

It was helpful when the sizing chart was listed when showing the clothing item. Now I buy and send back on 50% of the clothing items I purchase

Respected Contributor

Re: Sizing - why has QVC stop posting the sizing of the clothing

You mean on the TV screen? If they aren't showing it on TV, you have to go online to the page to see the sizes. You probably know to click on "click here." That said, recently I got a denim jacket that was not as long as the chart said. I probably send back 50% of the clothing items too. It's upsetting, isn't it?

Honored Contributor

They probably make the sizing charts harder to find because they know the charts are meaningless, and they prefer to chalk dissatisfied customers up to customer error who "didn't check sizes." That they couldn't find them to check is irrelevant, of course ;-)

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

They do show them, but it's VERY brief and only when they read the measurements. I do remember they used to show them on air for a much longer time

I always check online. I haven't called in an order in years and shop mostly online without watching, but even if I see the item on TV, I order online to take advantage of the cash back from ebates.com or mrrebates.com. While I'm online, I also check measurements and the complete size chart before I order.

Respected Contributor

Go online its all there.

Honored Contributor

I only shop online. Even though the measurements are listed in the "click here" chart, it's still a gamble.

It's very annoying...

Honored Contributor

I know what you are talking about but if I plan on purchasing a clothes item, I always check the size chart that is located in the description portion because that is the accurate one.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

I think it was a big mistake to take away the sizing chart from the TV screen. If I am sitting at home watching TV, I do NOT want to get up and turn on the computer to determine which size to buy. For one thing, that is time consuming, and then I am missing the rest of the presentation, and perhaps the item I want to buy if it sells out while I am waiting for my computer to boot up. I am between sizes in several designers, so I do need to know the garment measurements. I have passed over many items because not all the information is available to me when I am thinking about a purchase.

Regarding tops, I have heard them state over and over the length of the garment they happen to be selling. Why is that more important than the bust measurements? It isn't, to me anyway.

Yes I can always go online later to check the sizing and sometimes I do. But I tend to be an impulse buyer. By the time I am in front of a computer, I may not be interested anymore. So that is their loss. (And that may or may not be good for me)

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

The lack of a sizing chart on the screen stinks. I pass on buying stuff because of it. Maybe they will begin to realize that and put the sizing chart back on the screen.

Sometimes though, even that doesn't work. A few weeks ago I bought a pair of the Liz Claiborne "Jackie" jeans in size 8 regular in blue denim. They fit perfectly and I love them, so I got online and purchased the exact same jeans in the exact same size in black and I can't even zipper them. I sent them back.

Sizing has become a huge issue and I don't get why.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Super Contributor

So your ""returns"" would be plentiful .... and you will receive their nasty letter that you've max'd out their 40 percent return policy.... and no longer allowed to shop at QVC. Plus USPS also thanks you for your constant return postage!