Honored Contributor

Jayne's ordering the Isaac scarf in every color and Isaac suggests..

.. buying at least six of them, because you always seem to wind up six gifts short.

I guess there are plenty of people who can do that. I'm not one of them.

What's the point of this thread? I don't know. I guess I just have sticker shock.

QVC has become too expensive for me.

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Jayne's ordering the Isaac scarf in every color and Isaac suggests..

There are probably people who would do so, just because he told them to. LOL. Not me! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Trusted Contributor

Well, if that's what Jayne and Isaac suggest, then I suggest they give me some cash!!{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Respected Contributor

Apparently Jane gives gifts to every person she knows. And forgets to name them all on her list. How can you possibly come up six gifts short otherwise? Seems like a stupid way to encourage us to buy, buy, buy!

I might be able to afford six scarves but I have better sense than to throw my money at an obviously overpriced piece of "cashmere". Maybe for my daughters, but that would end it. Jane is free to toss hers wherever. But I have to wonder if some gullible viewers will buy into that and overspend.

Esteemed Contributor

I guess I can understand coming up a few gifts short - but they wouldn't be people I spend $80 for!! Those people would already be on my list!!
Esteemed Contributor

This is the hard sell tactic... I do not believe a word the host says .

Respected Contributor

Don't forget, the employees get a huge discount on everything.

Honored Contributor

On 11/17/2014 loveour4leggedfriends said:

Don't forget, the employees get a huge discount on everything.

I had an affiliate discount for many years. It was 20%.

Frequent Contributor

Oh-and don't forget-they would make great teacher gifts. What world are they living in???? It would certainly be lovely to be able to buy someone a gift like this-but not in my world and budget. I'm having enough problems buying food for 25 people for Thanksgiving-thank goodness I don't have to buy presents for them all-gotta love Thanksgiving.

Trusted Contributor

It is a sales ploy and some respond to that type of pressure. Is it wrong??? Well, the Q is in the business of selling and come the Holidays the pressure is on for the Hosts and Vendors to Sell, Sell, Sell. It is sad, IMHO, that so many, lonely people watch the Q and truly believe that the Hosts are their friends. And, by virtue of the fact, that many of the Hosts share personal stories only encourages that misconception. Again, is it wrong????