Trusted Contributor

Denim & Co and Polyester!

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

Re: Denim & Co and Polyester!

I have noticed this lately too. And I agree with you, OP. I prefer to not wear 100% polyester, though a nice 50/50 blend is ok with me.

They are doing their best to ruin D&Co for me - first they messed with the sizing so now nothing fits me and now they are doing this.

Esteemed Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.blink} I like a little polyester, all cotton becomes misshapen when washed and dried. I have been ordering from denim and company for years now and I do not own anything 100 percent polyester. I like there 50/50 blend too.

Honored Contributor

I try to avoid any clothing that's 100% cotton. It has to be some kind of poly/cotton. combination. Cotton shrinks, ages, stretches, you name to your clothing. Then the dryer makes it worse.

Super Contributor

Polyester is usually less expensive. And I believe I noticed a shipping & handling increase just last week for several items that I purchase: $6.72 to $7.22

For me, poly pills! Cotton & spandex usually holds-up better for my lifestyle.

Esteemed Contributor

I love 100% cotton. There's nothing like it for comfort and breathability, at least for me. I'm disappointed in seeing spandex added to everything. It traps in the body heat and isn't at all comfortable.

I have some 100% cotton Lands End PJ's that I love. I was going to purchase some new ones and found that they've added spandex to them. I tried a pair and had to take them off because they made me too hot.

Honored Contributor

I refuse to buy 100% cotton unless it's a knit. I have no intention of ironing a cotton garment.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I hate all cotton because I hate to iron! Poly blends can be really good-looking, easy-care fabrics. 100% poly is not usually my fave, but I have a few things in poly that I enjoy. The easy-care aspect is golden, and I do think poly and poly blends have come a lo-o-o-ng way since the slick and sleazy poly fabrics of the 60's and 70's. Some of the poly blends are really lovely and closely mimic much pricier fabrics. Poly/rayon/spandex is my #1 favorite for nice pants, for example -- great weight, hand, and look.......with washer/dryer ease and no ironing!