Honored Contributor

They have a great sale going on. I received 30% off (the card I received in the mail) plus an additional $5 off the total. Great selection of the softest robes for women on sale. I ended up buying a little over $90 of merchandise and paid $52 & change. Now that's a sale. I believe it ends Nov. 19.

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

I second that! Got a beautiful, well made cashmere sweater for $49 less 20%. Bought one for my daughter, too. Such a bargain and so warm for our polar weather here in the Midwest.

Kohl's sales and additional discounts have been fabulous this fall. Brought me back as a shopper.

Trusted Contributor

I got some great deals this week as I also had the 30% off as well as $20 Kohls cash. I bought a pair of gray boots, black ankle shoes, a very cute black & ivory vest and two bed pillows. Maybe spent $80. Kohls has been packed to the rafters here since Veterans Day. Think I will start shopping online now.

Honored Contributor

I have to admit the 30% brought me back to Kohl's. They were really fully stocked and the store was busy. I had to wait in line to checkout on a Friday so people are definitely shopping this sale. I also have my Kohl's cash of $10 to use now.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

You did good Kat! I need to go!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Regular Contributor

Since Kohl's is open on Thanksgiving I will never shop there. So disappointed in them. My business will be going to Nordstrom's DSW and any other retail store that is CLOSED on Thanksgiving day!

Honored Contributor
On 11/16/2014 lovestoteach said:

You did good Kat! I need to go!

loves, get over there by the 19th. I hope you have some coupons and do check out the women's soft, soft robes. Take care.

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor
On 11/16/2014 jessiesgirl said:

Since Kohl's is open on Thanksgiving I will never shop there. So disappointed in them. My business will be going to Nordstrom's DSW and any other retail store that is CLOSED on Thanksgiving day!

Not everyone spends ALL day eating and visiting with family. We do a Thanksgiving lunch and then members of my family have to go to in-laws, so we are free to shop. Kohl's doesn't open till 6PM, so I don't mind that late hour. My neighbor's daughter is working and is THANKFUL for the time and 1/2 she will be earning. She needs the money. My niece is a nurse and hospitals don't close. There are lots of people who have to work holidays. If you don't, consider yourself lucky.

Respected Contributor

I agree..I just read on another thread where somebody said she calls them helliday..she has has no family close and the holidays are not a good time of year for her.

Everybody forgets that not everybody has the option of staying home with loved ones and eating that fab turkey dinner and then busting out in visits and love.

For years other service workers have had to work the holiday with no thought to the RNs, CNAs, Police, Fireman, EMT and even the local Convenience stores ....

I worked in direct care early in my career and worked the holidays. we worked our family time around my schedule thankful that we had each other. Working with the mentally ill puts things in perspective. Part of the lost segment of society that still after many years have that "stigma.." ..I had a family, husband, children and home to go to after my work was done...my meal and gift giving could always be worked around my schedule.

I am always thankful for that..and now years into my career where I try and get the holiday off unless it is my turn to be on call..I try not to complain as for the grace of god go I...and I heard on another thread say what is the big deal with that saying..the big deal is for the grace of god...I could of been born like that...and into those circumstances..

Stores are open for a reason..shoppers want it..with all the witching and moaning I read by some on these boards..they are a minority as the stores around us are packet and lines out the door....

All part of the generation of today..you don't want to shop (collective you..no one individual..)don't but do not begrudge others the option who may not have the family or invites to be other places on the holidays...sometimes we need to think outside the proverbial box.

PS - I love Kohls...always do fantastic there..I haven't been lately as I did a closet reorganize with swap out for winter and OMG I have enough for ten years lol..I can literally shop in my own closet..the selection is so much better and some of the stuff I wore once and hung it up and it got forgot in the mass..Same with shoes..I may accessorize a bit but other then a purse I may find..and I just purchased two new coats this year..I am good to go..gotta keep me away from clothes and shoes..I made a vow if I brought one item..then I had to donate one item in its place..I just cannot squeeze another thing in my walk in closet which now is stand in room only capacity lol

Esteemed Contributor

before I retired I always volunteered to work the Holidays...I enjoyed the time and a half and it was fun to see the people shopping...there was mostly joy and happiness on those days...(sure there was a few grumpy ones...not a lot)....so don't be mad if a store is open...most of the workers have volunteered to work...

another thing...there are many people who have no one to be with...so they shop just to have someone to talk to...to be with others...just somewhere to go....

in an ideal world....everyone would be with family ...enjoying a feast...but reality is....there are many who are alone....