Honored Contributor

G.I.L.I. Roma 2 bag $49.95 at QVC outlet store

I was at the QVC outlet store today in Lancaster, PA and the GILI R2 bag was on special. They had 3 colors available. Two colors in the osterich look and one that was very light champagne pink.

It was a very nice bag, but way too heavy for me to carry as an everyday bag.

If you live near an outlet store and are interested, this is a very good price.

Trusted Contributor

Re: G.I.L.I. Roma 2 bag $49.95 at QVC outlet store

Boy, they've come down in price since I saw them there last week. I think they were about $75 then. I had been tempted to order, so I checked them out. I didn't really care for them, but may have grabbed one at the $50 price.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Valued Contributor

When I saw them at the Frazer outlet a few weeks ago,they were 64.00. I tried it on, but it was too big & uncomfortable for me. For those who live close to Lancaster or Frazer, like these bags, this price is terrific!! BTW, the bags I saw did not look used or returns, they are very nice----just not for me.
Trusted Contributor

Wish I lived close to the outlets Smiley Sad
Trusted Contributor

Must be having problems with these bags and/or low sales, if they're unloading them cheap at the outlets.

Super Contributor

I sent my Roma 2 back, due to the infamous "cracked handle" problem. I only carried it a week before the problems started. Haven't tried a G.I.L.I. bag since.

“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” H.P. Lovecraft
Trusted Contributor

I bought two of these a couple of months ago at the Lancaster outlet and they have been perfect. This is a fantastic price. The cracked handles were supposedly a problem with the first version. Many people have those and haven't experienced any problems. But most of the Roma 2s at the outlet are version II and have the mag closure. Mine have no problems Smiley Wink

KJPA
Esteemed Contributor

I still believe LR's line just isn't practical for the average woman - things are either too big or too tight or too expensive for costume jewelry - and - I'll say it - I think this may be the reason she is quitting. After the big lady boss went through the Exit door - new management said ""no more G.I.L.I. Not making money on this line"".

Super Contributor

On 11/16/2014 KJPA said:

I bought two of these a couple of months ago at the Lancaster outlet and they have been perfect. This is a fantastic price. The cracked handles were supposedly a problem with the first version. Many people have those and haven't experienced any problems. But most of the Roma 2s at the outlet are version II and have the mag closure. Mine have no problems Smiley Wink

That's good to know. My returned Roma 2 was the first version.

“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” H.P. Lovecraft