Respected Contributor

Starved for Options from the Vivienne Files

Respected Contributor

Re: Starved for Options from the Vivienne Files

Trusted Contributor

Some nice things. What is all this? And who is Vivienne?

Respected Contributor

Respected Contributor

The blog is contrasting the variety of options in Paris to the limited options in the US.

Honored Contributor

lovely

Trusted Contributor

On 11/14/2014 Iwantcoffee said:

The blog is contrasting the variety of options in Paris to the limited options in the US.

I like many of the items shown........but don't you think we could find things like most of them here in the U.S.? Not sure what's unique or exclusive about this collection, with the possible exception of the unusually large collection of hair ornaments. Most of the jewelry and accessories seem pretty representative of what I'd find in good department or specialty stores here. Don't you think?

Esteemed Contributor

Wouldn't that be going against common stereotypes? Aren't the French supposed to be minimalists with just a few well made pieces?
Respected Contributor

On 11/14/2014 GoodStuff said:

I like many of the items shown........but don't you think we could find things like most of them here in the U.S.? Not sure what's unique or exclusive about this collection, with the possible exception of the unusually large collection of hair ornaments. Most of the jewelry and accessories seem pretty representative of what I'd find in good department or specialty stores here. Don't you think?

Yes, you can find them but I understand the point to be that these items are in many, many shops. I can find various color shirts were I live, but not the variety of accessories.

If I must travel out-of-town or go to certain stores, my options are more limited than someone who lives in a city with many shops with a wide variety.

Respected Contributor

On 11/14/2014 Alter Ego said:

Wouldn't that be going against common stereotypes? Aren't the French supposed to be minimalists with just a few well made pieces?

I understand that to be true for clothing, but more variety with accessories.