Honored Contributor

Lots of VESTS in the marketplace

I can't believe how many styles there are right now. I picked just one store, to show the variety in fabric and fit.

Lauren Jeans Co. Chambray-Denim VestTWO by Vince Camuto Animal Ponte VestLive a Little Faux Fur Collar VestSunny Leigh Waterfall Front Boucle VestJane Ashley Chevron Quilted VestCalvin Klein Performance Puffer Zip VestLive a Little Faux Fur VestMICHAEL Michael Kors Studded Detail Puffer VestAlfred Dunner Manhattan Skyline Wool VestCalvin Klein Jeans Quilted VestWillow and Clay Flyaway VestNew Directions® Belted Bubble Stitch VestLauren Ralph Lauren Quilted Plaid VestKaren Kane Red Sky Faux Suede VestJack by BB Dakota Stanic Drapey Faux Fur VestNine West Suit Hounds-Tooth Printed VestCalvin Klein Performance Puffer Gold Zip VestCable and Gauge Tribal VestNew Directions® Tribal VestMICHAEL Michael Kors Faux Fur VestKim Rogers® Reversible Hounds-Tooth Fleece VestRomeo & Juliet Couture Long Faux Fur VestNew Directions® Border Colored Plaid Vest

I don't own any vests, but I think that the chevron one is my favorite.

Super Contributor

Re: Lots of VESTS in the marketplace

I don't care for vests. I have never looked good in them. I think they make my shoulders look wider. I don't want to look like I have linebacker shoulders. Plus I am tall, so all that together is not a good look for me. Vests look cute on other people, not so much on me.

Trusted Contributor

Love the middle one in the 7th row but I have the opposite in that I'm short. I love those collars but would not flatter me. I do have 3 vests that I like wearing but nothing fancy. Two quilted but no heavily and one Old Navy canvas vest I really like.
Trusted Contributor

Oh and just realized my lightweight quilted vests are the same style as the chevron one but solid colors. I like that close fit.
Honored Contributor

Over the years I have tried several vests, none really worked for me until I realized that I have to only wear a fitted vest, nothing fuzzy, fleecy, etc., those kinds just make me look bigger and sloppy looking. At the moment I only own one, but do wear it and looks good on me. Of the selection shown above I only like the leather/faux leather one, minus the furry looking collar. I'm sure they would all look good on other body types than mine.

"To each their own, in all things".
Trusted Contributor

On 11/14/2014 snickster said:

Over the years I have tried several vests, none really worked for me until I realized that I have to only wear a fitted vest, nothing fuzzy, fleecy, etc., those kinds just make me look bigger and sloppy looking. At the moment I only own one, but do wear it and looks good on me. Of the selection shown above I only like the leather/faux leather one, minus the furry looking collar. I'm sure they would all look good on other body types than mine.

Hi Snicks....I must be following you online today! I love that same leather vest without the fur collar. Vests work for me because it makes me look like I have bigger shoulders and balances me out better. I have one faux suede black one that I got at a consignment shop...and two that are knitted out of variegated yarns of different colors. Changes up my outfits just enough and helps me keep warm at work since I can wear the knit ones inside as part of my outfit.

Trusted Contributor

I like the one in the second row, center. Can you tell me where you found it? Thanks!

Honored Contributor

On 11/14/2014 vaccinia said:

I like the one in the second row, center. Can you tell me where you found it? Thanks!

They're all from Belk.

Honored Contributor

Vaccinia- here is more information.

Sunny Leigh Waterfall Front Boucle Vest

$44.99 Original Price $68.00

33-in. L

Drape neckline

Sleeveless

Polyester, acrylic, wool

Machine washable

Imported

Valued Contributor

I absolutely LOVE vests! My favorite outfits start with skinny bottoms, long tunic and an interesting vest. I especially like that black and white tribal print one shown. Thanks!