Esteemed Contributor

New pebbled version of the GILI microbag

Had a chance to see the Hornback finish up close and this is one cute little bag. Much prefer this pebbled finish. I think I want in the green.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Super Contributor

Re: New pebbled version of the GILI microbag

That one looks nicer than the hornback one. Too bad they are so small. You can't even get a phone and keys in there. What do you do with your keys and phone, carry them? lol That could have been a great little bag, had they made it larger. Too bad, I would love a small bag similar to that, I like the zipper feature compartments. IMO it needs to be about a few inches deeper and a few inches wider. It's just basically a wallet, the way it is. Which defeats the purpose of it being a "bag". oh well.

Esteemed Contributor

On 11/14/2014 imaclotheshog said:

That one looks nicer than the hornback one. Too bad they are so small. You can't even get a phone and keys in there. What do you do with your keys and phone, carry them? lol That could have been a great little bag, had they made it larger. Too bad, I would love a small bag similar to that, I like the zipper feature compartments. IMO it needs to be about a few inches deeper and a few inches wider. It's just basically a wallet, the way it is. Which defeats the purpose of it being a "bag". oh well.

I had lunch with someone who bought this bag and her iPhone 5 fit easily along with keys, lipstick, cash and change, with room to spare. It's not really all that small when you see it in person.

I'm sure if they were to redo this, they'd make it larger to fit an iPhone 6 but guessing this was designed and manufactured months before the new phone came out.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Super Contributor

On 11/14/2014 gardensla said:

I had lunch with someone who bought this bag and her iPhone 5 fit easily along with keys, lipstick, cash and change, with room to spare. It's not really all that small when you see it in person.

I'm sure if they were to redo this, they'd make it larger to fit an iPhone 6 but guessing this was designed and manufactured months before the new phone came out.

It does look a lot smaller. I would love to have a similar bag to this but the size and the GILI leather quality is so iffy, I haven't had a good experience with it. I do like the style though, I will keep my eyes open for a similar item in the future. Great idea though.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with you, Amp. A bag this size would serve no purpose for me; it is way too small. I can't imagine a setting where it would be useful. Even for shopping, if I try a garment on, I might have to run a brush though my hair afterwards.

Besides, I am all about balance and proportion. When Lisa carried that bag (Courtney's wedding), it is clear it might look better on a tiny, petite woman.

Trusted Contributor

If it could fit my iPhone 6+ I would get one Smiley Wink These smaller types of crossbody bags are perfect for walking or for pulling out of your bigger bag to run into a store for quick trips. I'm actually searching for something like this but would like to be able to quickly and easily remove the strap and use as just the wallet. And it has to fit my new phone Smiley Wink

ETA - I think these are adorable!

KJPA
Frequent Contributor

I also wish it would fit my iPhone 6 plus! I think it's adorable.

Super Contributor

A litle too small ( I like small )and I do not care for the feet or the oversized zipper pulls . They both look too large for this bag -off proportion for me. Clunky instead of tasteful.

Valued Contributor

Good to know that the Iphone 5 fits with room for keys, etc. Did the feet look too big for the bag?

Esteemed Contributor

On 11/15/2014 jazzbabe said:

Good to know that the Iphone 5 fits with room for keys, etc. Did the feet look too big for the bag?

In my opinion, no. They balance out the larger zipper pulls and hardware.

I really like this bag and ordered it in black, green and pink; one I'll keep, two are gifts.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat