Valued Contributor

Posting reviews if you have not purchased an item

More than a few times I see that some of you have stated that you can post reviews if you have not purchased an item. I didn't think this was fair if you hadn't even purchased it. So I sent an email to QVC. I got my reply today and they said that you are not allowed to post reveiws if you have not purchased an item. I was wondering about this so I thought some of you might be too.

{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Honored Contributor

Re: Posting reviews if you have not purchased an item

I know I have seen reviews that said ""I would have purchased if"" so those sound like they did not purchase. I ordered a leather coat and gave it a good review - a couple of years later I purchased a second coat in a different color and the quality was very poor - I tried to post another review and it would not let me saying I had already reviewed this item.

Trusted Contributor

I'm pretty sure you can post anyway. It's weird but one of the questions when you post a review is ""Have you purchased this item?"" If you answer honestly and say ""No"" perhaps they don't post your review. But if you answer and say ""Yes"" even if you didn't buy it will they know? I'm sure I've read reviews from people who didn't purchase. Sometimes their reviews don't even make sense for the item Smiley Wink They will complain about something that isn't even a feature of the item!

I haven't reviewed anything in over a month so if they changed anything very recently i wouldn't know about it.

KJPA
Valued Contributor

I honestly review almost every item I purchase and it makes me crazy to read reviews that say something like "I would purchase this if it came in brown", or whatever. Yes, I think if you say you purchased the item you can review anything. This is especially crazy because I have had reviews rejected because I didn't exactly follow the guidelines and accidentally mentioned a price or other vendor.

Honored Contributor

Well, you could say you did purchase the item,( but maybe not from QVC)-- so could you do a review if it wasn't purchased from QVC?? You probably could.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Valued Contributor

Well that is what they told me so I don't know???

Trusted Contributor

I've just about decided to quit leaving reviews. The last time I wrote one it never showed up and they didn't even acknowledge that I'd submitted one. I've had them tell me they couldn't accept a review because it didn't meet their standards, and I understand that. But, to not post a review, or even let me know why they aren't posting it, is irksome.

I once read a review that started out with the reviewer saying she didn't like the item and wasn't going to order it because of what another reviewer had written about the product. What?{#emotions_dlg.confused1} And the Q decides to post that review. It makes no sense, and it's a waste of my time to bother writing a review that may or may not get posted.

Member Since 11/20/2008
Contributor

If it is obvious from the review that they have not purchased the item, I report it as being inappropriate.
Honored Contributor

Somehow the reviews of a bunch of really stupid people manage to squeak through. I don't understand it either but it's obvious nobody read them before they posted. There's some glitch in their system that allows this and it needs to be fixed.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment