Respected Contributor

SHOPAHOLIC FRIENDS ODAT THURSDAY!!

Good morning ladies and readers, for about 10 more minutes. Old Man Winter showed up here and I got to wear "Marilyn" to work. She's kept me quite toasty and I've gotten in 3+ miles in walking around so far, looking for the Christmas trees we stored last year and then some other errands.

I woke up happy again today, though it is supposed to get colder tonight. I can't help but feel bad for the other parts of the country that are REALLY cold.

No shopping for me today, my QVC blanket order was delivered today and tomorrow another gift should arrive. DH is the hardest to buy for so I am stoked to be done with him. Last night I grocery shopped and got that out of the way.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLIC FRIENDS ODAT THURSDAY!!

Good Afternoon! Thanks for getting us started Kathleen. You looked great in those FB pictures. The best part was your smile. Glad you woke up happy again.

Today is my oldest DGS' birthday -- can you believe it, he is 21! I was a fairly young grandmother, but yikes! Also, I am almost postive my card won't get there today. Oh well. I talked to him on the phone, and he seemed to be okay.

Our weather is supposed to get cooler, but it still should get up into the 70's today. Nice weather as far as I am concerned.

DH and I had a good walk this morning, and I have been to Curves. I have "classes" this afternoon. No shopping on my horizon for today at least.

Waves to Jean (hope work goes okay), Arlene, twinny (really hope that eyedrop duty will be over soon), Marijane, Susan, LindaR, Karen, Val, Rosa, Gayle, Nancy, and all of our posters and readers.

Have a good day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Valued Contributor

Good afternoon!

Sounds like you two are both happy and having a good day. My day is going well, it is getting so cold. Not a fan of cold weather.

I have no shopping on my agenda either. My Christmas list is completed, but I can be bad about adding last minute gifts, thinking that I did not do enough{#emotions_dlg.wub}

I have Zumba tonight, I am really enjoying that. Last night I had Book Club, we read Middlemarch. I loved the content of the book although it was a slow read. The author used 10 words when 2 would have been enough.

Not too much else going on, which in my world can be a good thing!

Respected Contributor

Aw, thank you for the compliment! Happy birthday DGS!! That is amazing, 21 already. You are so dedicated with your workouts. I have decided to give myself a break. I got what I think is "tennis elbow" in both arms, and for a while seemed to be on an emotional roller coaster. I'm hoping I got off that and maybe can get back into boot camp soon.

Respected Contributor

Hi girls! Well, after days of nice, warm weather it's winter out there! Temps are supposed to go down to the 20s tonight; I'll have to bring the dogs in, as I can't seem to get them trained to use their Puppy Palace. Seems I spent all that money on a fancy, insulated dog house for nothing. {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Glad to hear you're doing well, Rosa. I do the same - I finish my shopping and then keep adding little items, although I've got to stop doing that. For me, the fun is in making people happy and loving their gifts, and after giving two cousins expensive Anushka wallets and other nice things for their birthday, neither commented on anything specific that I sent them, which makes me think perhaps they didn't like what I sent.

LindaL, most of my friends - and even my godchild - are grandmothers. I don't know how that's possible, since I myself am just a kid - must be a time warp of some sort! Wink

The guy who fixed my door for me dropped by yesterday, as I made him some of my most popular cupcakes: caramel apple with maple buttercream. He's going to replace the electric outlets that aren't working and also do a few other things around here; he's a nice man and is happy to work for baked goods, so that saves me some money - handymen have gotten ridiculous with what they charge!

Nothing else planned for today, apart from calling my mortgage company. I spoke to the manager at the bank where I have my checking account yesterday, and he said that the only things that should increase a mortgage payment are taxes (which didn't go up) and insurance - and I know that didn't increase by almost $100 a month if it did at all! In any case, I hate big banks and am going to try and refinance my mortgage with my small, local bank.

Have a blessed day, everyone!

Esteemed Contributor

RC, old Man Winter kicked in here a couple of days ago. I don't mind 20's & 30's, but I dislike be zero temps for too many days in a row. I bought a QVC down blanket about 2 years ago & it is great. My cousin used it last weekend when she stayed with mom & said it was the nicest blanket that she had ever used.

LL, WOW! a 21 year old DGS. Our DGC are 9, 11 & 13. They give us a lot of joy. I like to think that they keep us young.

Rosa, It is cold here too, but I am not a fan of hot weather. I haven't started Christmas shopping yet, but hopefully I will get a chance to get out & about real soon. Right now I wish that my world would slow down to my pace.

FHG, Too bad the doggies don't like their play palace. It is cold here too, but no snow until probably Saturday night. Your fix it guys are lucky for all of your goodies.

Today DH & I did a bit of grocery shopping as tomorrow I get my next infusion. They make me tired & all I want to do in the afternoon is sleep the drugs off. My built in cutting board has been stuck since the weather was hot & humid. Today I bought a nice one at Aldi's for $9.99 for DH when he carves turkeys, hams or roasts.

This morning I got all of my summer clothing put away & my winter things out. I wanted to do it yesterday, but nap time called my name instead. A few things went to St. Vincents' but I did declutter my closet last winter so I didn't have much to get rid of.

Eye drop duty is getting to be a real drag for me. It will be 7 weeks on Saturday. I am glad that my DH does the 7:00 p.m. one for me. It seems like I can't start doing anything or go anywhere as the every 4 hours comes around too quickly for me. Next week DH & I are having lunch out with friends on Monday. On Weds. we are going to lunch with a bunch of my cousins & next Friday we both have eye exams. Mom's eye drop schedule will definitely need to be changed a bit.

Hugs to all of you.