Contributor

Anyone getting or thinking about the jacket on HSN. It is 80% down and machine washable by Curations. I have never tried that brand. Any others thinking about this jacket?

Honored Contributor

Its cute but that collar would drive me crazy. It packs down to the size of a football, it would be great for travel with limited luggage space.

Honored Contributor

I absolutely won't buy down anything. Also, it's too short for me. I don't want my butt hanging out of a winter coat. LOL

If you want a down coat, you might want to look around. They are everywhere and Lands End is having friends and family with a 30% off coupon out there. I know they have down coats.

Not saying this is a bad deal, just saying it might pay to look around because you might be able to find a better deal.

Trusted Contributor

The sleeves look really short. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

I saw the same concept in a catalog I got yesterday from White House/Black Market. the lightweight down jacket only came in black and was a different style, but packed into a little bag like that. It is selling for $180. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

However, I can't think of why I would want to pack it into a little bag like that; I realize the idea is for travel, but I live in a cold climate, so if I were traveling to a cold climate, I would be wearing my coat, not packing it.

Super Contributor

I am just not a fan of Puffer Coats... they add bulk and who wants that? Yes, the collar on this coat is not attractive. The Vendor selling this coat is kind of hard to listen to.... don't you think?

Honored Contributor

Sometimes you need a coat for warmth and it's not about making you look slim.

I have a puffer coat I wear to shovel, walk my dog when it's really cold, etc. If I'm cold, I really don't care and just want to be warm.

That vendor is hard to listen to. She used to do the SCOOP line on HSN. Something about her attitude is off putting to me as well.

Honored Contributor

I bought a similar jacket with a hood at Lord and Taylor and its been perfect for the chilly rainy days.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor
On 11/13/2014 Vamp said:

The sleeves look really short. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

I saw the same concept in a catalog I got yesterday from White House/Black Market. the lightweight down jacket only came in black and was a different style, but packed into a little bag like that. It is selling for $180. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

However, I can't think of why I would want to pack it into a little bag like that; I realize the idea is for travel, but I live in a cold climate, so if I were traveling to a cold climate, I would be wearing my coat, not packing it.

Hi Vamp. I thought the sleeves looked really short too. I ordered the pink longer-length, lightweight down from Isaac Mizrahi that was on a few weeks ago. It's really cute.

This is way too short for me, but the price is not bad. I think it's cute, and I love the collar.

I love this lightweight packable down. I hate heavy down coats. If I was petite and needed a short jacket, I'd get the red or blue one.

http://www.qvc.com/Isaac-Mizrahi-Live!-Packable-Down-Coat-with-Hood.product.A257538.html?sc=A257538...

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Super Contributor

Pass for me, I think it's too short too. Because what if you have a longer sweater or top on, it's going to just hang out the bottom, I hate that (on me anyway). And then you zip the jacket, and so the sweater or top just puffs out the bottom below the jacket.

Also this type of jacket just scares me, the way it is made with the stitching, I think I would look like the Michelin Man in this! I am a 10-12 and I just think this would make me look bigger, especially in the hip area where I carry my weight. It would be like wearing a quilted coat, only puffier. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Super Contributor
On 11/13/2014 LipstickDiva said:

Sometimes you need a coat for warmth and it's not about making you look slim.

I have a puffer coat I wear to shovel, walk my dog when it's really cold, etc. If I'm cold, I really don't care and just want to be warm.

That vendor is hard to listen to. She used to do the SCOOP line on HSN. Something about her attitude is off putting to me as well.

That's a good point. I get that, if I had to shovel snow and walk a dog in snow and do all that I guess I would be wearing whatever was the warmest thing I could find to wear, no matter what it was.

btw, is that the same woman that used to do the Scoop line? I thought she looked familiar and I couldn't remember where I had seen her on tv.