Esteemed Contributor

How do you store your boots?

I have quite a boot collection and small closets. I keep them stacked in their original boxes on the floor if my closet stacked on top of each other. I end up not wearing most of them because it is so hard to see what I have, and rummaging through is such a hassle. How do you store your boots in small spaces?
Honored Contributor

Re: How do you store your boots?

I have them in a jumbo clear plastic container in the bottom of the coat closet.

Honored Contributor

On 11/13/2014 lolakimono said:

I have them in a jumbo clear plastic container in the bottom of the coat closet.

Same here......but, unfortunately it's a short season for winter in PHX

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Super Contributor

I use clear plastic boxes too, but in reality they are not that great for lack of air circulation.

My suggestion for you is that you find pics on the internet of your boots. Copy and paste them into a document that you then print and mount on the inside of your closet door. Then you can see what's in the boxes without effort. You could even paste the pics on the outside of the boot boxes. - Bird

Respected Contributor

I don't have many pairs so I store them on my closet shelf covered in pillow cases so they can breathe!

Honored Contributor

I keep them standing up on the floor of my closet with the original cardboard stuffers in the boots. I don't have many pairs though.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Super Contributor

I only have a few pair of ankle boots that are on the floor of my closet. I don't store anything in boxes, plastic containers, pillow cases, etc. They have to be out and ready to wear.

Respected Contributor

I have four pair of high heel dress boots. They are standing in my closet with plastic boot shapers in the two knee high ones. The season for wearing them is here.

Honored Contributor

I have some standing in the bottom my closet and others in their original boxes.

I don't have dozens of them, so I can pretty much keep track of which are in the boxes without too much brain power.

Respected Contributor

I try and keep them in the boxes they come in..if that fails..in a bin they go..so far haven't damaged one yet lol..