Frequent Contributor

Carole Hochman plush robe $19.99 at Costco

Mixed reviews. The first one I bought was too large and seams were puckered with some stitched wrong around the collar. I exchanged it and the second one was perfect and a great value. I guess this is typical with made in China stuff.
Super Contributor

Re: Carole Hochman plush robe $19.99 at Costco

I find that Carole Hochman stuff sold at Costco is lesser quality than that sold elsewhere. I also don't think the items she sells at QVC, are not made as well, the material is not as nice, and the inseams are shorter on the pajamas, than they are at places like Nordstrom and her website.

Example, Regular (not petite) length pajamas sold at QVC have inseams of 29 or 29 1/2 inches. Regular length pajama inseams sold at Nordies and other higher end stores and on her website, have a usual inseam of 31 inches. Also, I think the materials she uses are definitely nicer, and have less shrinkage when washed.

Honored Contributor

I agree with Amp--their Carole Hochman is not the same quality as the Q's Carole Hochman. It's sleepwear made especially for these "big box stores". I find J. Crew factory clothing to be terrible for the most part too (and Banana Republic). I have a few of their necklaces, but most of the Factory store items are subpar and made for their stores.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

I just checked the robe on costco.com - and it's polyester. I've purchased several pairs of CH pajamas at Costco and they're all 100% cotton - all high-quality. I think CH purposely makes the sizing different for various stores - so that QVC can say "u can only buy this here". You can also check out carolehochman.com and 6pm.com (type in carole hochman). I just purchased 2 pairs of CH pajamas on her site, thin cotton pajamas - capri length bottoms - and long tops. $22 each - and I went to retailmenot.com and found a code for 10% off each pair and free delivery.

Respected Contributor

Went to the Camarillo outlets on tuesday. Was hoping to find a store with nice sleepwear. found nothing. Did lots of damage in the Merril store and at le Creuset.

Respected Contributor

On 11/12/2014 kivah said:

I just checked the robe on costco.com - and it's polyester. I've purchased several pairs of CH pajamas at Costco and they're all 100% cotton - all high-quality. I think CH purposely makes the sizing different for various stores - so that QVC can say "u can only buy this here". You can also check out carolehochman.com and 6pm.com (type in carole hochman). I just purchased 2 pairs of CH pajamas on her site, thin cotton pajamas - capri length bottoms - and long tops. $22 each - and I went to retailmenot.com and found a code for 10% off each pair and free delivery.

Well, yes, it's a plush-type material. I've never seen anything made in a "plush" that isn't all poly, from throws to blankets to robes. I looked at the robe tonight when I was cruising through Costco -- the colors are very pretty pastels.

I will also say that someone (I honestly have no idea who it was) once posted about the 100% cotton pajamas she got at Costco, and when I checked them out they were not 100% cotton -- they were a rayon or modal blend. I purchased a three-piece CH set there sometime last year (I think), which I've (shamefully) never yet worn. Anyway . . . it is 60% cotton/40% poly -- very soft and seems well made, but it did shrink in length when I washed it (which was good, since I'm petite and it only came in regular sizes).

Respected Contributor

I got a bathrobe at outlet.blair.com last month marked down from $80 to $20 that is too warm to wear except in the early morning now. It is well constructed and very plush. I look forward to wearing it in the winter and plan to keep it at my bedside when I have to get up in the morning. I hate the cold and am so glad to have found this warmest of all robes for the coming frozen tundra until March! I just checked, but that has sold out, unfortunately, or I'd give the item info.

Honored Contributor

I bought a CH embossed plush robe 2 yrs ago at Costco and like it so much I bought another one last week as soon as they put them on display. The new one is not embossed but is a plain plush if that makes sense.....I have purchased CH pj's and robes at Macy's and I think the quality seems similar. For $19.99 it is a real value.

If you live in a colder climate I also recommend the fleece pajamas by Aria that Costco carries during the holidays; I have 3 pair and they are really well-made.

Frequent Contributor

Almost all plush robes are polyester and they are cosy and warm. I love 100 cotton but don't think it would be warm enough for winter. The Carole Hochman three piece pajama set I bought from Costco a few years ago is 60/40 a fabrication I really don't like. I would like to try the Aria pajamas but can't tell about the sizing the way they are packaged. Does anyone know if they run true to size. I usually buy XL but some brands run small. Do you open items up to check them out? I am very pleased with my plush robe for $19.99.
Honored Contributor

On 11/14/2014 Capri said: Almost all plush robes are polyester and they are cosy and warm. I love 100 cotton but don't think it would be warm enough for winter. The Carole Hochman three piece pajama set I bought from Costco a few years ago is 60/40 a fabrication I really don't like. I would like to try the Aria pajamas but can't tell about the sizing the way they are packaged. Does anyone know if they run true to size. I usually buy XL but some brands run small. Do you open items up to check them out? I am very pleased with my plush robe for $19.99.

I buy XL in the Aria pjs and they are roomy ....
I would buy XL if that is what you normally wear. You can always return them for another size if they don't work. I wear a thin tshirt under my pjs.....I usually get too warm during the night and take off the fleece top and the tshirt is just fine.....then put the fleece pj top back on in the morning...it's just my wacky internal thermostat.