Respected Contributor

Wind is whipping outside--but the sun is out. Don't know how cold it got last night--probably not to bad if the wind was blowing.

Last night when I went to bed----I had to fight with Mr. Boodles---he tends to want under the covers when it is cold--even before I can claim my spot!!! I woke up in the night and realized I was being crowded off the bed---so I had to rearrange things.

Jean: good luck with your dr's apt and your journey home. I dislike driving in the dark. Although in my subdivision there is a chance of deer---and very little lighting.

Twinny: Glad you had a few days off--I know how tiring it is to care for someone. Hugs to you.

LindaL: What a nice luncheon you had. Happy to see the vets recognized. So many especially Viet Nam era vets didn't get recogition in a positive way.

Respected Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT--Wednesday

Hi Linda! It's quiet here. Something is going around and a couple of my coworkers are sick. I feel sleep, and last night went to bed at 8:20 and slept hard all night long. Kyanne was sneaky and did not sleep in my room all night. Usually she goes to bed when I do, or she will whine and/or bark at the door to get in. I don't like being woke up so I make her come to bed or "get in her crate" - you can guess which one she chooses. In any case I got up this morning and she was on her couch. Too funny!

I took my returns back last night and got that over with. The clerks try to get me to look around, and sometimes give me a bit of a hard time. I bet they hate to see me coming.

I ordered 2 gifts for DH already and I'm glad I will have him out of the way shortly. Stevie wants an expensive $200 present and that's all she wants. Kayla found some beautiful expensive bedding she really likes so I will likely get her a comforter.

That's about all that is happening here today.

Respected Contributor

Sometimes it is just nice to get a GOOD nights sleep!

At least you have ideas what to get for Christmas. It does help!.

Respected Contributor

I am actually hoping to get through this Christmas with a minimum of expense. So glad to have a couple good gifts for Steve up my sleeve already! Girls are easier because they give me lists.

Finally made a dentist appt for Monday with a new dentist. I've been putting it off but I know better than to let it go for too long.

Very sleepy at work today. Gotta stay busy.

Respected Contributor

Oh a new dentist. Good luck. Hate that one.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening! Thanks for getting us started LindaR. DH sometimes grabs all the covers, which I really don't appreciate, but at least if I tell him he understands. Then again, Mr. Boodles may understand.

It is still pretty warm here (highs in the 70's), but I understand it will get cooler this weekend. I am sort of looking forward to wearing some of my warmer clothes, but I certainly don't like it to be too cold.

Glad you got the gifts for DH Kathleen. I think men are difficult to buy for --- good for you to think of some things.

It has been a pretty busy day for me, but nothing of major note. We had a nice walk this morning, and I went to Curves this afternoon. DH's glasses came in, so we picked them up. I hope they work well for him.

Meanwhile, I went to the motor vehicle administration, which was packed. They were pretty efficient, thank goodness. I honestly don't understand why I needed a new license, but at least I got he papers in, etc. It may take three weeks to receive the regular license (I have a temporary paper one), which doesn't please me, but.....

DGS didn't get any freebie's yesterday. I think he didn't know where to look, and he doesn't drink coffee. I went to the car wash yesterday, and they were giving free car washes to veterans. That was very nice of them to do.

Army DGS took a placement test at the community college, so he will be ready to talk to his adviser on Friday. Meantime, the Army lost his birth certificate, high school diploma, and his Social Security card. He has copies, but unless they find them, he will need to replace all three. My SIL took care of the house repairs due to the toilet repairs. He had the day off yesterday, which was fortunate.

Sorry you are worn out from your activities today Jean. Waves to Arlene, twinny, Marijane, Susan, Karen, Rosa, Gayle, Val, Nancy, and all of our posters and readers.

Hope everyone sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Oh no replacing documents!.

Know about the DL issues---!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Linda R, It is cold & windy here. It will only be in the 20's all week for highs & teens at night. I can't complain as I hate the hot weather. Thanks for the hug. I am tired & the schedule goes on for at least another 12 days.

RC, You are lucky to get some of your shopping done early. Right now I have no time for shopping, but I am hoping this ends soon. I told DH tonight that when our new vehicle arrives, I want to spend the day shopping before we pick it up. He said good luck with that idea!

LL, Too bad DGS didn't get any good freebies yesterday. My BF's DH got a nice free meal at Apple Bee's. I hope your DH likes his new glasses & that they fit well. Sounds like your DGS is doing well. That is strange about having to get a new driver's license, but at least they were efficient.

Jean, I hope that your appt. went well & you had safe travels home. Yesterday in the paper, they said so far out county has had 244 deer accidents this month & in tonight's paper, there were dozens more listed.

I am getting so tired of eye drop duty that I could SCREAM. The one drop that expires every 4 days is driving me insane. We need to go to the pharmacy 2 times a week for that plus other appts. for my mom. Today mom had lab work & took the cab. On Friday DH has lab work & his 6 month checkup. I wish that my life was that simple. I get my infusion also on Friday, so I hope it gives me some extra energy. I need to stay healthy or I can't get it.

Today I wanted to switch my summer clothing out for my winter clothing, but a two hour nap called my name. That will be on my agenda for tomorrow, as I am sure the warm weather is gone until next year. I am not used to leaving the house numerous times a day--7 days a week.

Hugs to all of you.