Respected Contributor

Wonky seams, one leg longer, where is the quality control?

I just returned a pair of pants to a big box store because the seams in the pants were not straight. I went back and laid out all the pants and they were all like that so just got my money back. Yesterday I went shopping for jeans and I had to lay out three pairs of Jones jeans to find one pair that the legs were the same length. I bought a pair of capris this summer and one leg is tighter around the knee. Maybe I am being too picky but this drives me crazy. I am the same about hair cuts. Don't leave one side longer than the other.

Super Contributor

Re: Wonky seams, one leg longer, where is the quality control?

Wow. I have never had this problem.

Respected Contributor

I have bought jeans for myself and DH and when I tried to hem them the legs were different lengths.

This kind of thing happens all the time with clothes because they are made in China or some other country.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor

It's old news, but in 2013, I bought 3 pairs of white pants within a few weeks, one from Susan Graver, one from Coldwater Creek, one from Jones. Graver's were the only pair that were wearable because the other two had mismatched legs. Graver's were also the least expensive WITH shipping included.

Respected Contributor

This is one of my pet peeves. When I try on jeans at a store, I try on about 5 (same brand/size) of the same jeans to find one that fits the way I want.

Usually one pair out of five will fit.

I have a problem frequently with hairdressers cutting one side of my hair shorter than the other. They just don't care.

Honored Contributor

This is a perfect example of why it is better to buy at the store instead of online. At the store you can touch the item - feel the quality of the fabric and try them on in front of great mirrors. When you buy online there is the S&H plus you have to [ay S&H to return them if they aren't a good fit for you. I enjoy occasionally taking a day to go shopping - ALONE- and try things on, shop various stores for a good price, and when I leave with an item I am certain I will be keeping it. When I shop with girlfriends I generally don't buy much. When I am sincerely shopping to buy - I go alone so I can spend all the time I want looking for exactly what I want.

When i was a little girl in the 50s my Grandma - who was a stay at home housewife- went "to town" every wednesday, without fail. She didn't drive and took 2 buses. She would always have a list of what she was going to buy that week and anything that was too heavy to carry on the bus she would have delivered.My Mom worked downtown and they would have lunch together every wednesday at a coffee shop in one of the department stores. Grandma would really enjoy her day of shopping each week but always made a point of being on the 2PM bus so she would get home by 3PM to get dinner started before grandpa got home at 4PM. Things like this were so nice back in those days.I alway was very excited when I got to go wednesday shopping with Grandma.

Respected Contributor

On 11/12/2014 happy housewife said:

This is a perfect example of why it is better to buy at the store instead of online. At the store you can touch the item - feel the quality of the fabric and try them on in front of great mirrors. When you buy online there is the S&H plus you have to [ay S&H to return them if they aren't a good fit for you. I enjoy occasionally taking a day to go shopping - ALONE- and try things on, shop various stores for a good price, and when I leave with an item I am certain I will be keeping it. When I shop with girlfriends I generally don't buy much. When I am sincerely shopping to buy - I go alone so I can spend all the time I want looking for exactly what I want.

When i was a little girl in the 50s my Grandma - who was a stay at home housewife- went "to town" every wednesday, without fail. She didn't drive and took 2 buses. She would always have a list of what she was going to buy that week and anything that was too heavy to carry on the bus she would have delivered.My Mom worked downtown and they would have lunch together every wednesday at a coffee shop in one of the department stores. Grandma would really enjoy her day of shopping each week but always made a point of being on the 2PM bus so she would get home by 3PM to get dinner started before grandpa got home at 4PM. Things like this were so nice back in those days.I alway was very excited when I got to go wednesday shopping with Grandma.

I agree with buying in a store and trying on. I can't imagine people ordering clothing from QVC and having to return if it doesn't fit; too expensive.

Honored Contributor

I tried on a pair of jeans from CWC once and I was so excited when the fit was perfect. That was until I looked down and noticed the inside seam was fine until about mid-calf and then the seam turned in so it was running almost right down the center of the pants!

Respected Contributor

On 11/12/2014 Sunshine Kate said:
On 11/12/2014 happy housewife said:

I agree with buying in a store and trying on. I can't imagine people ordering clothing from QVC and having to return if it doesn't fit; too expensive.

And to add insult to injury, we have to pay the shipping to send back a poorly made item.

Don't worry, be Happy!