Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Not much going on today, I had to go back up to the outlets here and return 2 shirts I got DH at Eddie Bauer. Usually I can guess his size, but these shirts were a relaxed fix shirt and they were way too big for him. When we went to the outlets there must have been half of Canada there. They have a holiday today I think so they had about 30 buses there. We get a lot of Canadian shoppers at the outlets on weekends, we have no tax on clothing, so they come here and stock up. Many of them have wheel luggage they use for their shopping bags.

Jean - Hope your work week goes well.

Not much more here, I do have a bit of cleaning to do, so I need to get my caffeine in and get moving. Hope everyone has a great afternoon.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT - Monday

Good Afternoon! Thanks for getting us started Susan. Interesting about the Canadian shoppers at the outlets. When DH and I went to the Canadian Rockies on a tour, we started in Seattle. Most of our fellow tourists were Chinese (not Chinese Americans, but people who had flown from China to Canada for the tour.) And, there were special buses for the tourists to come down to the outlets in Seattle. These shoppers were ready to be sure. And, no tax in your State would make it even better. Sorry your DH's shirts didn't fit.

DH and I had a nice walk this morning, and I have been to Curves already. This afternoon I have a bookclub meeting.

DD took Army DGS to the community college, and he signed up for a short course that starts in early December. Somehow it dovetails to his Army training. He will go back on Friday to talk to someone about starting regular classes in Spring. She was in a bit of panic this morning since her toilet flooded. The last I heard the plumber was out buying a part to fix the toilet, but there is also a big wet spot in the ceiling that they need to repair. It is always something with houses.

Waves to Jean (hope work is okay), Kathleen, Arlene, twinny, Marijane, LindaR, Gayle, Rosa, Karen, Val, and all of our posters and readers.

Hope everyone has a nice afternoon!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon.

I remember being in San Antonio one Thanksgiving. As we were leaving the hotel there was an SUV---from Mexico. They were bringing out multiple carts of items from the hotel. I am not sure how they were going to fit it all in as it was pretty full and they had much more to pack in. But we have taxes in Texas---but I guess a weekend in SA and shopping was the way to go.

LindaL: Oh I so agree---it is always something!. Glad your DGS and family are all back home.

We are expecting the polar stuff to hit us by morning tomorrow. Right now it is windy but very warm. I did have a heavy frost yesterday morning. It wasn't just a thin sheet--it took me a while to defrost the windows so I could see. Of course my scrapers are MIA!.

Trusted Contributor

hello Ladies....nice day here...that will end Thursday though....winter will be here and they are saying snow! UGH! I remember when we lived in Me. The Canadians would come down from Quebec to go shopping..we had tax but maybe it was less than up there....during the summer when it rained the Mall would be packed......a lot of them would vacation at Old Orchard Beach...in fact we would have some French commercials on TV during summer.

Hope your fridge is doing ok LimdaL and the fan lasts for a long time. I know when I got a new w/d last year the guy told me a lot of manufacturers use plastic parts.....I bought a Speed Queen and he said they still have the metal parts....Hope so!

Not much going on here...making a list of stuff for Thanksgiving....the stores are already getting crowded. Have a nice day everyone.......Marijane

Respected Contributor

Hi girls! It's a beautiful day out; in fact, temps are supposed to be in the 70s for the next few days, so I'd better get out while I can. I forgot to get Stevia and canned dog food at Aldi, so need to pick those up; they also have a special on a gallon of peanut oil, which is what I use for frying.

I have to laugh at people who travel and just go shopping - although at one timeI was much like that myself. What really got me was when I lived in Hawaii, people would come off the cruise ships and have only a few hours on shore...and many of them would head right for Ross! {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} There was little shopping on the Big Island, but Ala Moana on Oahu has all the high-end shops, and they'd be filled with Japanese tourists.

LindaL, it sounds like a similar problem that I had a few years ago - a small part in my upstairs bathroom gave out and the resulting flood ruined the floor, ceiling, and my washer and dryer. Thankfully I have a wonderful insurance company that paid me more than enough to get repairs done, and they told me to buy whatever washer and dryer I wanted and send them the bill. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I'm trying to fight off the holiday blues; with all the hype about "home for the holidays" and family stuff, it's not a good time for those of us who are alone. Oh well...in less than seven weeks it'll be all over.

Time is getting away from me; I'd better go out before it gets dark. Have a blessed day, everyone!

Respected Contributor

Hello friends! Susan we got a lot of folks up from Mexico to shop the outlets, so don't even try to park during holiday season! It is very crazy. I spent the weekend with DH, chilling on the couch. I did get a few things done.

Looking forward to the cooler weather in the morning. I hope he is able to stay warm up there. The last of our thermal curtains are being sewn this week. It might be a cold weeked but I packed my footed jammies. Gotta run! Hugs to all!

Esteemed Contributor

Susan, I wish that I lived near an outlet mall. Maybe it is a good thing I don't. I only get to the Frazer & Rockvale Malls once a year. Too bad about the too big shirt for your DH. I think you are talking about a different outlet mall though.

LL, I think that your fridge is fixed & hopefully it will last a long time.

Linda R, We see tons of Canadians when we go to OOB each year. It is amazing that so many come when they need a passport.

FHG, It is nice here today. We didn't get the 6" of snow that was predicted. It will be cold by Weds. though.

RC, I am glad for cooler temps too.

DH & I had nice time during our 3 day mini vacation. Too bad it wasn't 3 weeks. My cousin & moms helper did a great job. I think mom really enjoyed visiting with somebody different too. We got to Springfield., IL at noon Friday & had lunch at D'Arcys Pint. We go there every time we are in the area. The music was fun as was the pool & the hot breakfast each morning.

Today was busy with mom going to the salon & the pharmacy plus eye drops every 4 hours yet. DH & I had several places to go to also. We went to the insurance company & signed ourselves up for our new 2015 plan so it was running around all day. I had a good night sleep Saturday night, but today I am tired again. I feel like I am on a continuous roller coaster.

Hugs to all of you.