Frequent Contributor

We just got back from a couple of days in the Lancaster, PA area. We were looking forward to visiting the QVC outlet at Rockvale Outlet Center. We had just been to the Myrtle Beach one that closed this summer, and that store was neatly arranged and very condusive to shopping. We have been to this one before, and usually, while we don't necessarily come away with anything, it is always well-stocked and arranged. This time, there were lots of empty shelves and not the volume of shoppers we had remembered from other times. I know that QVC is closing or has closed several of their outlet stores. Does anyone know of any plans to close this one? Thanks!

Super Contributor

I live close to this outlet and get there every week or two. They said they are NOT closing this store. Also I've never seen the shelves empty as you describe them so I'm guessing you just hit the store on a bad day. Traditionally, there aren't as many shoppers/visitors to Lancaster after the end of October until a bit nearer Christmas. Were you at the outlet at the same time of the year before? I actually love shopping at the outlet when the store isn't as crowded.

Esteemed Contributor
It was stocked and busy today...they had good markdowns plus an extra 10% off the total purchase.
Valued Contributor

I shop Lancaster once a year I hope it stays open! Q Outlet stores require time and patience, and sometimes more. Several months ago I had an unpleasant experience at the Rehoboth Beach Delaware store: they said when they have a sale that they are justified to close the one pitiful dressing room and they barked at customers with disrespect who did not follow their unique and confusing rules about viewing the clearance handbags. Yes I will go back but I am now prepared to not be such a sheep about being mistreated. It seems that the employees are not particularly happy and/or trained in customer service. And the jewelry counter ladies need more training in their merchandise. Thanks for letting me vent!- I've been meaning to write corporate.

Respected Contributor

I was at the QVC outlet in Frazer on Saturday. I'm about one and a half hours away and get to this outlet about once a month or so. I was also a little disappointed in the stock they had, especially the clothing. It was a lot of the summer/spring clothing that they seemed to want to get rid of. Usually there's a decent mix of fall clothing but not this time. I also brought back a prelit wreath because the lights didn't work. I told the cashier it was defective and what was wrong with it. To my surprise, as I was shopping in the outlet, I saw one of the employees take the wreath from that cashier and hang it back up again for sale. So, beware if you purchase an item that requires batteries..(you might want to bring a few different sizes with you and keep them in the car so you can check if it works before leaving, especially if you live a long distance away.)

Most of the cashiers at this outlet are friendly, however this day there was one who was rude to a customer that was checking out in front of me. Having heard the conversation between customer and cashier, I must agree with the customer. She was merely asking about the additional 10% reduction that day and if it came off at the end or with each item as it was being put into the register. The cashier was very snippy and had an attitude with her being asked. At the end of the sale and before leaving the store, the customer made it her business to tell her she was being rude...and ended it with.."hope your day improves."

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Esteemed Contributor

I was in the Frazier store a few weeks ago and it was full of both merchandise and shoppers. You may have just hit the pre-Thanksgiving weekend lull?

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

Sometimes the Q outlet in Lancaster is so busy, they make you take a number at the jewelry counter just like at a bakery, and they only allow each customer a certain amount of time with the sales clerk. They may have changed, but they also have only one fitting room, have to wait in line to use it, and the dust bunnies are usually an inch high in there.

Honored Contributor
On 11/10/2014 ciao_bella said:

I was at the QVC outlet in Frazer on Saturday. I'm about one and a half hours away and get to this outlet about once a month or so. I was also a little disappointed in the stock they had, especially the clothing. It was a lot of the summer/spring clothing that they seemed to want to get rid of. Usually there's a decent mix of fall clothing but not this time. I also brought back a prelit wreath because the lights didn't work. I told the cashier it was defective and what was wrong with it. To my surprise, as I was shopping in the outlet, I saw one of the employees take the wreath from that cashier and hang it back up again for sale. So, beware if you purchase an item that requires batteries..(you might want to bring a few different sizes with you and keep them in the car so you can check if it works before leaving, especially if you live a long distance away.)

Most of the cashiers at this outlet are friendly, however this day there was one who was rude to a customer that was checking out in front of me. Having heard the conversation between customer and cashier, I must agree with the customer. She was merely asking about the additional 10% reduction that day and if it came off at the end or with each item as it was being put into the register. The cashier was very snippy and had an attitude with her being asked. At the end of the sale and before leaving the store, the customer made it her business to tell her she was being rude...and ended it with.."hope your day improves."

So you can return items to the outlet? Did you buy from the outlet or from the Q? I'd have thought outlet policy was "as is," no returns.

Honored Contributor

The Q outlet definitely takes returns.

Trusted Contributor

I don't know what was up this past weekend but all stores I went to were absolutely PACKED! Our local mall (Park City, Lancaster, PA) was almost like Black Friday! Seriously, it was that bad.

I went to the Q outlet Sunday afternoon and the kitchen and home shelves were pretty bare. At least half empty and some were totally empty as though they were getting ready to switch out the merchandise. I figured they were especially busy over the weekend and sold a ton of stuff. They had 50% off holiday items Smiley Wink

I agree that a lot of the clothes are summer right now. Not everything but those white pants just aren't going anywhere Smiley Wink Racks of them. Even the 70% off all clothing didn't move those!

The clerks aren't all sour pusses but I've run into some who are. I just remind myself that not everything is about me and for all I know they received bad news that day or something. If I'm thinking straight I even make it my goal to be especially nice to them.

{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

KJPA