Honored Contributor

I Can't Stand These Long, Long Sweaters!

I realize it's supposed to be the style (to wear with leggings). However, these long sweaters are driving me crazy.

I'm 5'4" tall and somewhat plump. I've been told I was short-waisted. However I think I'm pretty normal.

These long sweaters and blouses, etc that comes over the back chee,ks are driving me crazy. I'm so tired of trying to bunch them up. they never look right.

I can't understand why it seems like it's either or with QVC.

Also while I'm on a rant. What's with these extra (I mean extra) long sleeves. They come over my my finger tips.

Oh! Sure! I can hem them, but why should I? I'm tired of having to alter these clothes.

I can't be the only customer who has this problem.

It's been a long time since I've bought clothes other than HSN or QVC. I have a very bad back and for me to walk around a store is very, very difficult. However, I can tell you I don't remember having to even think about altering sleeves or pants that were petite.

Now petite on QVC and HSN means something way longer than the one's I have. I still have to hem them.

Maybe it's just me. Go ahead, you can tell me......I can take it.....

Honored Contributor

Re: I Can't Stand These Long, Long Sweaters!

Actually I kinda like them.......I'm under five feet, and they are like coats on me. (I just roll the sleeves.)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Valued Contributor

I could not agree more. I am 5'2"". How do you think I feel! Everything looks ridulous on me. Besides I miss out so much!

Honored Contributor

I'm tall (5'8") so I'm the opposite. I'm actually relishing in these styles…..especially the sleeve length!!!!!!!!!!!!! For most of my life, I had to endure long sleeves that were too short, unless I could find a tall size (which was rare, back then). These days, I don't even have to buy tall clothes. I'm enjoying the change (for me).

As to sleeve length, something has always bugged me……Why do the designers/manufacturers recognize that men have different length arms and size their garments accordingly, but seem to assume that the arms of females are all the same length??????????????

Super Contributor

I'm taller than you and long waisted. I love long sweaters - longer than the ones I generally find in ready-to-wear.

I always add a few extra inches to patterns when I'm knitting or crocheting them!

If you have specific fit needs - learn to knit, crochet and sew.

Trusted Contributor

I'm tall, so long tops, and especially long sleeves, are great! Petites have been around for a loooong time. Hope it's now time for tall women to get a break! Besides, you can shorten your clothes. I can't lengthen mine, especially with the skimpy hems QVC gives us!
Honored Contributor

I hate long sweaters, and shirts. I am done having children and they all look like maternity clothing on me.

It's getting very difficult to find "non-maternity" clothing in B&M stores too.

I just don't get it or why anyone would want to wear this look.

And for the record, I think woman's clothing should be sold in petite, average and tall...just like men's clothing.

Super Contributor

Many manufactures consider 5'4"" to be petite. Your body proportions are the real guidelines. Some shorter ladies have longer torsos and short legs while others have short torsos and longer legs.

I find most sweaters have long arms so simply cuff them.

Respected Contributor

They could be helpful when you have to contend with weather like this.

Respected Contributor

I hate long sweaters/shirts/etc. I'm short-waisted, and length does nothing for me. I'm also tired of rolling up sleeves.

So, OP, I'm with you!