Honored Contributor

If you buy something through Mr Rebates and send it back, are those rebates subtracted from your account? Just wondering.

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: Question about Mr Rebates

On 11/9/2014 ECBG said:

If you buy something through Mr Rebates and send it back, are those rebates subtracted from your account? Just wondering.

Thanks!

It depends on the store. Most of them deduct the rebate if you return; however, there are a few that don't. This is based on my personal experience using MR since 2008.

Further explanation: I place orders for multiple things at JCPenney's using MR. Sometimes something doesn't fit and I return it to a JCP store. I get a refund but JCP doesn't decrease the amount of my rebate. This happens at least two or three times a year.

This summer I did something similar at Belk. After placing the order, I realized that I had forgotten to use a 20% off coupon so I cancelled the first order and placed a second order with the exact same items. Belk gave me the rebate amount from both orders.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Valued Contributor

When you buy something thru Mr Rebates it posts to your account. It will not be available to you for 3 months..So, if you send something back,that rebate will be deducted....But because you couldn't get it for 3 months anyway..you are losing nothing

Honored Contributor

Generally speaking, yes the pending rebate will be removed, that is why there is a 3 month waiting period, however, once in a while, one can slip thru the cracks and you will still receive your credit.

Honored Contributor

Thank you to all of you that took time to help me.