Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, 11/9)

Good morning, shopping friends. It is a cool day but dry; the temperatures are expected to begin plunging on Tuesday Evening. I guess we can start having Polar Vortex parties and discuss what we are wearing to them.

I have spent the weekend doing very little except minor things around the house. I will be trying out the RangeMate for lunch, preparing a steak from frozen. If this thing works, it will put an end to thinking ahead enough to have an item thawed out to prepare.

I am somewhat tempted by the Josie Maran super sized body butter as I contemplate the dry air and long winter. On the other hand, I still have some other lotions and potions to use up and who knows if the Argan body butter is any better? Taking time to consider and think it over lessens the chance of buying a dud.

Speaking of duds, that Bowflex activity tracker that sold out this morning has horrible reviews. I had considered it just for the purpose of tracking sleep but cancelled when it was first presented. The TSV is Gigaset's venture into the tablet market. They are known for their telephones under the Gigaset Siemens label.

Will I be buying today? I've discovered that I have used the last of my 30-gallon trash bags, so I will need to venture out and purchase some. Getting dressed up with make up, etc. for just a 15 minute job isn't calling out to me right now as I am enjoying super casual life in my lounge wear. I'm just enjoying sitting here too much.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, 11/9)

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

Jean - Thank you for starting us today, sorry about the trash bags, I hate when that happens. Sounds like you need to rest up before your busy week of subbing. Hope next week is easy for you.

Not much going on here today, the cool weather is here and I just am not ready for it. I took the fall jackets down to the cedar closet and pulled out the winter ones. Wednesday of next week is when the cold air and possible snow will hit is from the storm from Alaska. I think we are to get wind and flurries but no real snow fall. I am not ready to see snow until February.

Well, I do need to go out for a couple things , so off I go, hope everyone has a great day.

Esteemed Contributor

Susan--You are not alone in not being ready for the cold weather. I hate it that we didn't really have a Summer, and that gave me a hint as to what Winter might be. I have my Winter things ready to go and am ready to switch from clogs to boots. I have two pair of Clarks boots which I bought at Amazon at a significantly lower price than the same style at the Q.

The RangeMate works! I had an early lunch. I fixed a Kansas City steakburger which went from frozen to tummy in 7 minutes. I just happened to pick the right time on the first outing for my microwave. It was juicy and tender and more tasty than when prepared with the George Foreman. I hate waiting for things to thaw out because I usually don't think that far ahead when it comes to meals.

I guess I'd better start getting ready so I can go to the store and get the trash bags. I need to fill one this afternoon. The clutter won't go if I just sit here as restful as it is.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning! Thanks for getting us started Jean. Sorry about the trash bag need, and the cool/cold weather to come. I know you "like" cold weather as much as I do. It got up into the 80's here yesterday, which made the ice cream social a great idea. Sometimes it is too cold/windy for outdoor events like this, and I don't eat ice cream when it is cold. DH eats ice cream almost every night, regardless of the weather, however.

I have spent a bunch of time getting things back to normal in the house --who knew that a refrigerator could cause this much mess? I guess it would help if my ice chest wasn't so buried, etc. Oh well.... DH and I were watching a TV mini series on Netflix (Steven Fry in America), and were about to watch the last show yesterday evening. I guess Netflix took the show off their selections, so I ended up reserving the DVD at the library. That was a weird experience -- not finding the show which we had watched for several evenings.

Sorry the cold weather is headed your way Susan. Hope you don't get snow at least.

Waves to Kathleen (good idea to have both addresses on your resume), Arlene, twinny, Marijane, LindaR, Karen, Rosa, Gayle, Kelli, Nancy, Sonya, Jules, and all of our posters and readers.

No big plans for the day. DH and I had a nice walk this morning, and I plan to go to the gym after church. There is the usual Sunday afternoon "highlight" of ironing. Not sure what I will prepare for dinner.

Hope everyone has a nice Sunday!

Hugs,

Linda

ETA --- glad the Rangemate worked well Jean.

Respected Contributor

Hi girls!

It's another beautiful day out there with temps in the 60s - supposed to go to the 70s during the day for much of the week! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} I have no special plans apart from scrubbing litter boxes; maybe I'll get the few things I need at Aldi and take the girls for a drive - I'm almost out of Stevia, and hate running out of things. If you were a neighbor, Jean, I'd give you some trash bags - I have a box of something like 300 that's not even opened yet; I buy them once a year as I hate running out of things.

I have no idea of what a Rangemate is, but since I gather it's something one uses in a microwave it doesn't matter - I got rid of my microwave a month or two ago and have never missed it. Glad you like it, though.

Nothing else going on - I'm trying to get plans made with friends for activities next month. One is spending all her extra money helping (actually, "enabling") her adult nephew because he keeps getting into trouble, so she can't afford to go anywhere except the free concert my church always has. We'd all like to see The Nutcracker and have a choice between a live stream of the Bolshoi at a movie theater and a live performance by the Chattanooga Ballet. Then, of course, there's the matter of restaurants being really crowded around the holidays. Both are allergic to cats, so having a get-together at my home is out of the question.

Guess I'd better get moving - it gets dark so early!

Have a blessed day, everyone!

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon ladies:

I am home from church. Our ladies event was a huge success. Everything came together and the ladies all seemed to enjoy themselves. We had festive fall decor and it was very nice. Yesterday we had a round robin email going with some of us that had all grown up together. One lady we grew up with has terminal cancer and my cousin started the email to notify others who didn't know. Well, as an aside I invited him to join us for church and dinner. His wife was involved with the group and I didn't know if she would invite it. I was delighted to walk into church and see him. In fact she did not invite him---but it was a nice event. They were leaving with a stop to visit with her Dad who lives in the area. During "Sharing of the Peace" I walked up to give them both a big hug! I spent most of yesterday doing preparations so I was happy when we walked out the door--although I have a ton of laundry to do. I decided we needed tablecloths to dress up our tables for events. We did run out of green beans (last minute addition to the menu) so next time I will mentally know to buy more--I am not used to cooking for crowds.

I left the house earlier than usual as I had items to take. I was dismayed to see we had frost. My plants were still out. I will have to get this in this afternoon as our weather will be changing in the next day or two. When I arrived home they seemed to be fine---will see if they are indeed ok. Had to defrost the windows before I could set out----and since I have to drive East the sun was in my eyes---durn time change!.

Monday is my trash day and this week is recycling. I can recycle ever other week. I usually put out cans and cardboard also plastic. Glass I have to take elsewhere.

I had Amazon re-order my lost order for dog food. Unfortunately they had to cancel my printer ink which was also on this order. I had picked up a few cans of food at the pet store but the convenience of delivery is convenience---and a bit cheaper. The dogs were not happy we were out of food!. I am out of yellow (how often do I use yellow!!!) So I was ordering some holiday stationary from Staples and ordered from them. I will use the stationary to do an invitation for the Christmas party with Ladies and Men's group do at church.

Respected Contributor

Love the Nutcracker---it is that time of year--advertising for the area production.