Honored Contributor

Are you mindful of your outfit/footwear when you have to weigh in?

I have my outfits laid out for a week or two, as part of my fashion resolution organization. I was thinking of what to wear on Monday, as I know I'll have to step on the scale for my doctor's appointment. I haven't seen him in a few years, and last time it was the summer, with lightweight clothing.

Originally I was thinking about tall boots, wool skirt, and a sweater, but then I remembered how much those boots weigh! {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Are you mindful of what you wear on those "weigh in" days? {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Valued Contributor

Re: Are you mindful of your outfit/footwear when you have to weigh in?

Oh, most definitely, even asking the nurse if I could take off my earrings.

Honored Contributor

On 11/9/2014 Beauty$Junkie said:

Oh, most definitely, even asking the nurse if I could take off my earrings.

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}{#emotions_dlg.lol}{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Honored Contributor

lol... I guess I am. I've been losing weight the last couple years & usually wear light weight clothes (jersey type) to the doctor. I take my shoes off to weigh.

But I weigh in my birthday suit every morning at home & that is the only weight that matters to me. At the doctor's my clothes get weighed & I have eaten a meal or two plus had lots of coffee & water to drink.

Super Contributor

hate the weigh in! always cover my ears and say 'don't say it out loud', and then I tell her that my jewelry and underwear weigh 50#.

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't wear boots, but other than that I don't think about it very much.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I'm a WW Lifetime Member since 1999. Back in the day, we had a medical screen so you could get as naked as you wanted/needed to not have to pay if you were near your goal weight.

;0)

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Mindful? I take off everything I legally can, including contact lenaes, before I get weighed LOL
Honored Contributor

In the dead of winter, when I am wearing really heavy cold weather boots, I may ask the nurse or assistant if they want me to take them off. Other than that, I don't give it a second thought.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

I just tell them I don't want to be weighed. Last March when I went for my annual exam, I was 120 pounds and told them I felt too fat to be weighed. I am only 5'3" with a very small frame and so that is too much for me to weigh. I've known many people who are shorter than I but weigh more and don't look heavier. One was an athlete and I haven't been exercising, so that is part of it too. You don't have to step on the scale if you don't want to do it.