Honored Contributor

I Need a New Coffee Maker. Suggestions, Please.

My trusty Hamilton Beach Brewmaster finally quit working. I would get another one, but ratings everywhere I have looked, say that they leak now. Keurig, with K Cups is not for me, because I would go broke, as I drink three cups a day. Your suggestions are welcome, for brands and models of drip coffee makers,

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I Need a New Coffee Maker. Suggestions, Please.

I have used a Farberware Superfast percolator for years and years. my first one was a four cup that lasted for about 25 years. when it finally died I replaced it with an eight cup Farberware Superfast. my original one was made in the US, but now they're made in China so I don't expect this one to last as long as the first one did. but so far, so good. there's nothing like the pleasure of perked coffee in the mornings to me. I love the smell of it and that sweet perking sound. I have a Keurig that I used every morning for that fast one cup I had before rushing out the door when I was working. I rarely use it anymore. I recently read an article about bacteria lurking deep within parts of the Keurig that concerns me. I like being able to clean everything in my Farberware.

consider the Farberware Superfast 4-6 cupper. I don't think you would be disappointed.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Contributor

I have an 8 year old Cuisinart and it is still perking away.
Frequent Contributor

I had a Krups that brewed into a carafe with a lid. It lasted 23 years. I replaced it with the same since I feel it keeps the coffee fresher and hot without being on a hot burner. I love it. I have it about 5 years now.

Contributor

Americas Test Kitchen on PBS just recommended the $40 coffee pot at Target. Best

Esteemed Contributor

We love our Hamilton Beach Brew Station. We've had it for a couple of years with no problems. Love the option to set the coffee to turn on before we get up and it's all ready by the time we awaken.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Respected Contributor

I was given a Black & Decker Coffee and Tea maker. This thing rocks! You can make a pot of tea (loose or bagged) you can make coffee, small pot, large pot, strong or regular and it has a delay timer and a clock. It even comes with a mesh filter so you don't need to buy paper filters.

Honored Contributor

If you want the basics, the Mr. Coffee switch model is great! It is under $20 at Walmart and comes in a 4-cup and 8-cup size.....ours is about 8 years old now; never a problem. DH drinks a lot of coffee and has worn out Cuisinart, Farberware, and Krups in just a couple of years. The Mr. Coffee keeps the coffee hot enough also.

Honored Contributor

I agree with the Mr. Coffee 5 cup coffeemaker. The model I have has a delay switch and a brew now switch. The machine automatically turns off after an hour. Its model JWX3. I bought mine at Kohl's over 5 years ago and used a 20% off coupon-- so it brought the price down to under $20. Now I see its much more $$ at Kohl's.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Super Contributor

I'll second the Cuisinart. Had 1 f/probably 10 years. It was still working when I replaced it this year, but the coffee wasn't piping hot. Got the same model from Kohls f/a great price with my coupon on line. Unfortunately, they no longer make it in the smart red color of the first one I got at William Sonoma.