Frequent Contributor

Today must be boot special day as both networks have boots! I like the Sporto boots better than the baretraps-and free shipping! I do wish they had kept the pompoms on the laces, though-am loving the winter white!

Super Contributor

I love Sporto boots! They were the first to make my size. 11.5 (but in a boot I size up to 12)

I could buy a half dozen pairs, I love them so much. I'm getting the TSV in chocolate, but the white and blue are desperately calling my name. I recommend getting the matching vest or jacket. Add jeans and you are good to go. - Bird

PS and HSN has free shipping on them! Just may have to go back for another pair.

Honored Contributor

This seems to be a staple for HSN every year around this time.

I don't really think you can compare the 2 boots. The Sportos are very obviously a winter boot, meant to be worn in the elements. The Q boots are a fashion boot, meant to be kept on with your jeans, skirt, dress, etc.

I love the Sporto boots but really don't need them. But that has never stopped me before.

Respected Contributor

LOVE THESE! Don't need 'em, though.

Super Contributor

I have more boots and specifially, more Sporto boots than I could ever use or need. So I'm not buying the Sporto TSV at HSN or the Bare Traps TSV today at QVC either. I just don't need either of these.

Speaking of Sporto boots, this is funny timing, because I found these while looking online at Veterans day sale items and found these at Bon Ton.

They are the Sporto Darla ankle boots and the Taupe color only is on sale for under $20. No kidding, they really are. So if you are searching for an all weather ankle boot these look like a steal. Just thought I would mention it in case anyone is interested. I don't know if this is just an online sale price, or if this same boot is the same price, in the stores.

Sporto®

Trusted Contributor

I actually have a need (as opposed to a "want") for a boot of this kind, so I just went ahead and ordered.

Thanks so much, imaclotheshog, for posting this.

The boots were $19.60 and there was free shipping available.

Trusted Contributor
On 11/6/2014 imaclotheshog said:

I have more boots and specifially, more Sporto boots than I could ever use or need. So I'm not buying the Sporto TSV at HSN or the Bare Traps TSV today at QVC either. I just don't need either of these.

Speaking of Sporto boots, this is funny timing, because I found these while looking online at Veterans day sale items and found these at Bon Ton.

They are the Sporto Darla ankle boots and the Taupe color only is on sale for under $20. No kidding, they really are. So if you are searching for an all weather ankle boot these look like a steal. Just thought I would mention it in case anyone is interested. I don't know if this is just an online sale price, or if this same boot is the same price, in the stores.

Sporto®

Wow - these are really cute and yes, a steal! Thanks so much for posting! I just bought a pair of black Sperry Top Siders Duck Boots over the weekend....expensive....but very cute and comfy. But I LOVE these in Taupe. I've never worn Sporto boots....are they comfortable? Run true to size? Thanks!

Respected Contributor

I'm not a fan of big, furry lace-up boots. They are way too fussy to get on and off.

I would rather get something like this, which is warm and waterproof.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Super Contributor

Hi Bon. They do look nice. I was just surprised at the price. The black is not on sale btw just the Taupe. I got a sale flyer from Macys and I was looking at some things online which led me to look at more sale things online and you know how that goes. lol You know when you find a steal you have to tell everyone.

I have several pairs of Sporto boots and I think they are nice boots for the price. I've paid around $60-75 ?? or so for mine, I think in the past. They are great for keeping your feet warm in cold weather especially when it's cold and wet and you don't want to wear a tall rainboot. Of course in snow I don't know, you'd likely want a tall snow boot for serious snow probably? If the snow is deeper than the booties you're wearing, you'd have a problem I would think.

The thing I like about my Sportos is that they look more like regular boots, they keep your feet warm with their thermolite lining. I have some really nice pairs of leather ankle boots, but sometimes when it's cold I can't stand to wear them because my toes just get so cold no matter what kind of socks I wear. I can't stand cold feet or toes. And yes I've found that the ones I have are true to size and they are comfortable.

Honored Contributor

And (if I correctly recall) they are waterproof, which is better than water resistant. One of the vendors said that they are sealed twice around the seams, etc.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).