Respected Contributor

Shopaholics ODAT---Halloween edition

I don't know much to report---thought I would get the Halloween ball rolling.

I'm not big into Halloween--for lots of reasons---but I know many enjoy dressing up and doing the whole thing---if you do--enjoy!!

LindaL: Hoping your DH had a restful night--I know he will feel better after his dr's visit. Hugs to you.

Twinny: Thinking of you also---and sending you hugs!!!

We had a front blow in during the night--chance of rain but I didn't get any---chance of rain early next week---we will see!

Everyone have a wonderful day.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT---Halloween edition

hello Ladies, thanks for starting LindaR. hopefully you will get the rain next week. I don't dress up for Halloween but do carve pumpkins and wait for the kids to come tonight.....although not too many here but I am prepared when they come.

How is your DH s doing today LindaL I hope the both of you had a good nights sleep last night .

Twinny I hope your Mom is doing ok too and the new vacuum works out for you.

Kathleen liked your and Kyann's costume today on FB....did she keep it on for awhile? Safe travels to the big City today, have fun this weekend.

Not much else going on here ....sunny out but chilly....tomorrow they are saying snow showers.....ugh!! Have a nice day......Marijane

Respected Contributor

Hello friends!! Yes I woke at 2am and that thunder was loud loud loud. I had taken my sleep aid so I went right back to sleep. Caught up on all my tv shows last night (cable primetime on demand shows are spoiling me) and that was nice. We both will wear our costumes all day, though her "rider" does get askew after she has taken a nap for a while. I'm hoping DH will take me to the zoo or something but it will be COLD for him.

Not much happening here either. I'm sleepy and a bit bored. I guess time to do some filing. Yeeeeha!! Sure would love to go home early but I haven't asked and I don't want to be a pest.

Hugs to all, Kathleen

Esteemed Contributor

BRRR. The wind started blowing like crazy in the middle of the night. I went to bed last night at 8:00 p.m. I was exhausted from all of the meetings etc. we had this week. I got up at 1:00 a.m. & watched TV for an hour. Got up for good at 6:45. Looked outside to see that our dumpster had blown over (we don't use garbage bags anymore). Went out in my robe & put it back up. Then I saw a layer of snow on the mailbox lid.

My eye drop duty didn't start until 11:00 a.m. today. Then I had to make that dreaded call to tell the gal that we weren't interested in her insurance plan. First I was put on hold for 5 minutes & I did have a scheduled time to call. Then her accent was so bad that I couldn't hardly tell what she was saying. DH wouldn't have been able to understand her at all. We went to get groceries & had lunch out. It is still very cold, so it will be cold for the trick or treaters tonight. Highs in the 30's today. 50's by next week though.

Linda R, I will send you rain or snow soon. I don't decorate for Halloween as I love to decorate for fall. That way I can keep things up until Thanksgiving. I did dress up when I was working though.

RC, I hope you have a nice weekend with your DH. Does it seem like you are on vacation? The dog & you looked so cute in your costumes. The dog's costume reminded me of when DH & I went to our county fair in July. They had a goat running around the race track with a real monkey on it's back.

Hugs to all of you.

Respected Contributor

Hi girls!

Well, it's gotten so chilly I had to break down and put the heat on; I was hoping I could hold out for a few more weeks, as even earlier this week it was in the 80s. {#emotions_dlg.crying} There's actually a freeze warning out for the weekend!

I don't have anything to do with Halloween, but...for my Protestant friends, Happy Reformation Day! {#emotions_dlg.laugh} {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} The extent of my Halloween involvement will be going to Walmart tomorrow to see what candy is half price so I can get some for the troops.

Twinny, I hate it when you call a company and the person is nearly impossible to understand. I realize people in other countries need jobs as well, but American companies should look after our own first - after all, it's American customers who keep them in business. I often ask for a supervisor, since they're usually here in the US and speak good English. What gets me is when you talk to someone in, say, India, and he tells you his name is Joe or Bob...when more likely it's something like Satyapriya! {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Well, nothing special planned for today, apart from going out to pay the electric bill and plodding on with the cleaning. Just saw my new neighbor; she seems friendly enough - she has a little girl and a baby and I haven't seen the husband yet. Well, they're an improvement over what was there before!

LindaL, hope DH is doing well.

Guess I'd better get some clothes on and get moving. Have a blessed day, everyone!

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon Ladies! Thanks for getting us started LindaR. I am wearing my Halloween turtleneck today along with black pants. I used to own a beautiful (to me) Quacker Factory cardigan, but I donated it several years back. The turtleneck just has some embroidery on the neck. I purchased it years ago from the dollar store. If DH and I were going to the potluck this afternoon, I was planning for him to wear his T-shirt Batman costume, but we won't be going....

We are expecting high 80's or even 90 degree highs today, but by Monday the highs are predicted to be in the low 70's. I think we are finally getting over summer. Oh well..... We do have a chance of rain this evening, but not a big chance.

DH is doing quite well. He was able to sleep some last night, which was a blessing for me. But, I'm a bit tired, headachy today. We allowed an hour to drive to the doctor this morning (8:30 appointment), and we just made it since there was an very bad accident less than a mile away from the office. I hope the people involved are okay.

The appointment was short -- and the catheter removal wasn't too painful. The doctor thinks DH is doing quite well, and we don't need to return for six weeks! If he is feeling well after six weeks, we can even delay the appointment until three months. I was concerned about the drive home, but DH felt so well that there was no problem for me to stop and buy gasoline. The prices north of here are considerably lower (more than 20 cents a gallon).

DH has problems with his eyes -- they are very sensitive to the sun, etc., and I suggested he go to the eye doctor and get some transitions lenses like I have. Amazingly enough, he agreed, and he has an appointment this afternoon. He doesn't have any vision insurance, but they said he will get a discount for being an AARP member.

Hope your weather isn't too bad this weekend Marijane. I have decorated for Halloween and Fall, but I didn't bother with buying candy since no children come around here -- not even grandchildren. That makes me sad, but....

I liked your costumes on FB as well Kathleen. Hope you have a very nice weekend with your DH.

Sorry that you are still having to do so much eyedrop duty twinny, and also that the insurance didn't work out. I don't blame you -- trying to deal with health insurance issues with an agent you can't understand is a no go. It is bad enough that you have to wait so long to talk to someone, much less not being able to understand them. Sorry it is so cold there.

Glad the new lady seems nice Arlene -- has to be an improvement on the old neighbor. I found that Wal-Mart pretty much sold out of all the good candy when I got there the day after. Hope you have better luck. This is the first year I didn't send Halloween cards and gift cards to my grandchildren. They are just getting too old for that sort of thing. And, I often give money for their school activities, etc. Speaking of my grandchildren, DD and college DGS are picking up Army DGS from his Army training next Friday. I'm sure everyone will be happy to have him home. Meanwhile, DGD is having ear issues, and she will be seeing a doctor on Monday. Hope he can help her.

Waves to Susan, Gayle, Karen, Rosa, Val, Sonya, Nancy, Kathy, Jules, and all of our posters and readers.

Hope everyone has a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Good evening, everyone! I'm relaxing after a very challenging day of work. I would love to be able to hit the bed with my Kindle but we have two hours of house to house trick or treat in addition to the community party. I did take a big supply of candy to school to treat the students in class.

LindaR--I'm not into dressing up for Halloween any more. I once enjoyed that but that was in my younger years.

Marijane--The temperatures are dropping here also with snow expected by morning in some areas of the state. We might get a dusting but the ground is warm here so it will likely disappear quickly.

Kathleen--Enjoy your weekend with DH. When you are looking forward to something, the time seems to go by slowly.

Twinny--I do hope the girl continues to work out so that eye drop duty for your mother is less demanding. You are correct about the heavy accents on some of the customer service reps.

Arlene--I really hope your new neighbors work out well for you. I must say that the black cat mystery you sent me is very good. Thank you!

Linda--I'm happy that things seem to be going well for DH. I also have transitions lenses because my eyes are very light sensitive. I think he will find them a great help.

I do like the TSV as I'd likely wear it inside the house as I'm always having cold feet, especially if I'm trying to conserve on heat. I haven't had time to check it out and I'm very tired, so I may not be checking it out much. I didn't sleep much last night so I'm very tired.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Oh good, Jean, I'm glad the book arrived. I'm finding that she gets better and better with each successive one; this latest one was the best yet, IMO. I've read other series that are good to start with, but then once the author develops a following she cranks out wishy-washy novels just to make money; I just gave up on the donut shop mysteries for that reason. I've really come to enjoy cozies.

Well, I went to the PO and the package from my friend arrived...this was the one with the suede jacket where she painted the shoulders, and I was almost afraid to open it! {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} Well, it's not too terribly bad...but not likely something I'd wear, so it'll be going to the thrift shop, most likely. (sigh) Really...I appreciate the thought, but would rather that if she wanted to get me something, she just buy me an Amazon gift card, since 90% of what she sends me is unusable. Oh well...

I got the electric bill paid, and used the drive-thru window. Well, Autumn and Honeybun have come to associate drive-thrus with a treat (the bank always gives them each a dog biscuit), and they were staring at the window expectantly. {#emotions_dlg.laugh} The poor clerk was very apologetic - she said she knew what they were looking for but didn't have anything to give them, so I told her to inform management that Honeybun and Autumn were not happy with them at all and wanted to file a complaint. Smile

Looks like the fireman next door is having some fireman friends over; I feel good having them around, and he looks like a nice guy. I haven't seen a single kid in costume; in fact, in all the years I've lived here I've never had one come to the door, which is fine, since I wouldn't answer it anyway.

Well, guess I'll make something to eat then get some work done. Good night, everyone!

I went out for a