Super Contributor

Do you like cabled sweaters?

I like the look of them, but I only own one. It's a short-sleeve, dark yellow sweater that I wear in the fall. I think cabled sweaters tend to add bulk and I prefer smoother knits.

How about you?

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you like cabled sweaters?

No, they're usually too bulky. I like fine-gauge knits, not heavy and bulky ones.

Super Contributor

Cabled knits are usually too heavy for me also. I'm hot all the time. Besides, I like to layer my tops.

Some people do drugs. I do shoes....Celine Dion
Honored Contributor

Not my favorite.

Trusted Contributor

It depends somewhat on the weight and qualities of the knit (not to mention the weight and qualities of the wearer!) A lot of cable knits are bulky, and sometimes the cable rows pull and "expand" over fuller parts of one's anatomy, accentuating a larger bust, hips, etc. Not flattering when this is the case.

Honored Contributor

Love them - a classy, rich look.

Honored Contributor

I do if they're thin. I would be more likely to do a button up style, and belt it. Ralph Lauren has had some nice ones. The texture looks good with scarves.

Honored Contributor

I purchased one from Denim & Co. this year in a dark green olive. I absolutely love it. The front is cable but not the back, it's so soft and comfy that I ordered another one in wine.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I do like cables. Not all cables are created equal and not all cables are bulky. It depends on yarn, pattern, and placement.

Super Contributor

I have on a Talbots cable pullover today OVER a Logo shirt and leggings. Yeap that probably sounds crazy but I love mixing styles.