Respected Contributor

Shopaholics - ODAT - Thursday

Where is everyone today? It's after 4 p.m., I looked for the thread, and couldn't find it. {#emotions_dlg.confused1} I just got on-line; when I first woke up I was listening to some radio on my Kindle while still in bed, and the internet was fine, but then when I got up tried to get on the laptop the internet was down; just spent a half hour on the phone with tech support. We're up and going (obviously) but they're sending someone out on Monday to look things over; I don't need to have any problems, especially when I'm doing school work.

It's another beautiful day out; the leaves are starting to turn at last, and it's definitely getting cooler - only in the 60s for the next few days. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

I had a nice time with my friend yesterday. We had fajitas at the Mexican restaurant, then we went to Ollie's. I was telling her about the Operation Christmas Child shoe box project, so she got some things to fill two boxes, which she'll give to me to drop off my at much. Mine are done except for some inexpensive watches I ordered; hopefully they'll be here soon so I can take the boxes to church and get them out of the way.

Nothing much else going on - I'll take the dogs for a walk in a little while (fortunately they were pretty quiet last night so I got some sleep), then it's back to cleaning.

Have a blessed day, everyone.

Respected Contributor

Re: Shopaholics - ODAT - Thursday

Hello friends and readers! Thursdays are a challenge for me. Once I get off work I will be focused on packing and getting food together for the weekend. At lunch I vacuumed my car and drove through the car wash, and gassed up.

Just remembered that today is payday for me. Yay! I was a little worried about my credit card bill because I ordered some things I needed but I checked it yesterday and it's all good. I've been trying very hard to not use it for FOOD items after getting my last bill.

So, no shopping for me today, though Wanty insists that buying is good. There's not even anything on my mind so I'm hoping I can resist whatever comes my way.

However, I *am* craving BBQ from a new place that opened up here recently. Might have to stop by after work.

What's for supper? Linda, have had you in my thoughts today.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon! Thanks for getting us started Arlene. Glad you had a nice time with your friend, and she is even buying things for Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes. I thought of you yesterday because there was a fundraiser to build a "Fisher House" in Tucson on the radio. You may have heard of them, but just in case you have not "Fisher Houses" are homes built next door to veterans hospitals/health centers and families can stay there for free free while the veteran recovers. I knew about the first one that was built in the DC area, but now there are quite a few. This would be the first one for this area. (I thought of you since you do so much for the troops.)

Happy payday Kathleen! Hope things go well this weekend. Thanks for thinking of me.

DH's surgery went quite well according to the doctor. He is in some pain, and is having a very difficult time with the catheter, but I think he is doing well all things considered. I had no problems waking up at 4:00 a.m., and we even got to the hospital early. Lots of paperwork and waiting until the surgery happened at 7:30. I went down to the cafeteria and had a small (for me) breakfast. The doctor had allowed two hours for surgery, but it was only one hour, and it only took another hour or so in the recovery room. I figured out an easier (for me) way home from the hospital since yesterday afternoon was difficult at best. Anyway, we need to go back to the doctor tomorrow morning so DH can have the catheter removed.

We had soup for lunch, and we will probably have soup for dinner as well. I don't think he is very hungry.

I think I need a nap pretty soon. If DH is okay with it, I plan to go to my "second" class today. Already missed the first one, but I needed to pick up some medicine for DH, etc. which took time.

Waves to Jean, twinny, Kelli, Susan, Marijane, LindaR, Gayle, Rosa, Karen, Nancy, Sonya, Kathy, and all of our posters and readers.

Have a good evening everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Good evening, everyone!

Arlene, thank you for starting the thread. It looks as if everyone was busy today. I'm sorry you are having internet problems. It seems to develop when you need it the most, and you will need it for the classes.

Kathleen, today was a day for paychecks. I also got mine which found a hasty deposit when I got home from work. I can tell you don't wait for Friday to get ready for your weekend in your home away from home. Those credit card charges can add up if not monitored closely. I usually check online every two days.

Linda--I do hope all went well with DH. Our thoughts and prayers are always with you and DH.

Tomorrow will be the last day of October. During this month, I have worked every school day except one.

I did buy that Rangemate thing as well as a pair of Dream Jeannes in black. I can wear those to work but can't wear traditional jeans and I also have to stay away from a denim color such as blue or indigo. I now have a variety of Dream Jeannes in black as well as colors to wear with coordinated tops.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Valued Contributor

Hello All,

Hope everyone is doing o.k.

Linda, I am glad things the surgery went well and is now behind you.

I wanted to thank everyone again for the well wishes on my birthday yesterday. It was a fun yet and unusual day. I received so many phone calls, cards etc (over and above what I would describe as typical) that is was almost overwhelming but really in a good way. It made me realize how many great people I have in my life.

Today, just relaxing. Perhaps a little too much wine last night Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Gayle--It is great that you had such a rewarding birthday. Sometimes, we don't realize how many people of great meaning to us exist until the shower of cards and phone calls. You are blessed in a very good way.

I am watching the news with Midnight curled up beside me wanting his TLC. I think he misses having me around in the daytime.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

LindaL: Glad to hear that all went well. I was thinking about you today.

Fisher House is a great cause. I supported a few of them over the past years at various times. I know there is a Fisher House or more in San Antonio---which is not surprising with the military bases and large military hospitals there.

I went to Petco to leave a donation for the animal rescue (they have a place where people drop off in front of the store). When I was leaving I met a delightful lady with her Chi! Her name was June (dog). She said she also had a Pyreness. I said "Mutt and Jeff". She said she volunteered at the shelter in the city---until she found herself with three dogs---decided to not volunteer any more. Her gal was very cute---a rescue gal---tiny and soft. You can see she loved her Mom.

Gayle: Glad you had a wonderful day---no doubt you have many great people in your life that love you a lot. Need to follow sage advice about deleting the negative people from your life--although you can't always do that if they are family!!!

I know that the Baptist Church in the Burg does Operation Shoeboxes. I think last year they sent over 1,000. I think there is a church in my town that also collects them.

Esteemed Contributor

FHG, It is definitely turning cooler here. It is only in the 40's but they do say it will be warmer next week. Sorry about your computer problems. Our church does operation shoe box each year. I am glad that honebun settled down last night.

LL, Glad that the operation went well & prayers for a good recovery. Fisher House sounds like a worthwhile organization.

RC, Have fun with your DH this weekend. Yes it was fun when I ha pay day. Sounds like you gals had a nice meal out yesterday. I laugh when I hear that 60's are cold this time of year. I would love 60's & 70's year round.

Jean, You made a good purchase yesterday. Nothing like a good working smoke alarm. I do like the QF knit pants too.

Gayle, I want to wish you a very nice belated birthday. It was nice of your DH to fix you a nice meal. I agree about enjoying your DAY & not letting negativity get in the way.

I read the forum last night but was too tired to participate. It was a busy day with going to mom's 3 times in the morning. She is not happy with her eye improvement & had me racking my brain to see what she could do. She does have an appt. next Tuesday, so I told her to wait until then. She still insists that the drops are not being put in right. I told her that if she isn't happy with how I do them, I will not do them anymore. Then she was apologetic to me. She never acts like this when my DH goes over. The new gal has been 3 times & mom is already telling me that she doesn't know what she can have her do in the hour that is is doing eye drops. I can just see mom telling her she doesn't need to come after a few more weeks or days.

DH & I had a busy day yesterday. We went to the ADRC to have the gal figure out what our best plan for a new insurance company will be for 2015. Then we stopped at 2 insurance co. to see about the supplemental plan. DH is easy as he has 1 Dr. & few meds. My situation is more complicated because of the IV's I get often. The gal actually called our clinic to see who actually pays for them. I told her it was Medicare, but she wanted to make sure. That is a good thing as if it was through my drug plan, they would be horribly expensive. She was surprised when I told her how much that 2 1/2 hours costs. Then we picked up mom's eye drops, went to the grocery store, had lunch out. Finally got into the hot tub & took a 3 hour nap. I slept good last night as I didn't have to go to mom's until 11:00 today. We took mom to buy a new vacuum cleaner today & got the wrong one. Saw that we had the wrong one before we left the store parking. We were able to exchange it for the right one.

I finished washing the windows today. Yeah, as it will be cold for Trick or Treat tomorrow night & I wanted the storm door put in the front door. DH blew leaves to the street again. Hopefully that job will be done until next year. The trees were beautiful, but now they are mostly bare. My brother is coming up to mom's tonight, so my duty ended at 3:00 today. He is realizing how tiring it is running back & forth all of time.

Hugs to all of you.