Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, 10/28)

Hi Ladies! I have my volunteer "job" today, and I plan to go to the gym later. Nothing else exciting going on here today, but DH's surgery and pre-surgery testing will make for an "interesting" week. I had a nice talk with a nurse from the hospital yesterday. Hopefully, he will be in pretty good shape by the time we come home tomorrow. He is starting to get a little nervous, but I think that is pretty normal when you are facing surgery.

Great to see you posting Kelli -- please feel to check in when you have a chance. I am so happy you have found such a good job, and they are treating you so well.

Also great to see you posting Rosa. Glad you are enjoying your job as well.

Waves to Jean (working again), Kathleen, Arlene, twinny, Marijane, LindaR, Susan, Karen, Gayle, Val, Rosa, Nancy, Kathy, Jules, and all of our posters and readers.

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, 10/28)

Thank you for starting us Linda! I hope all goes well with DH - we will be thinking of you. And that you both get some good rest tonight.

I am meeting LindaR tonight for dinner, and looking forward to it. I tried to order a top online and it won't take my coupon code. I think it's this computer at work, it's always been strange about that. So I will have to order from home. Or not at all.

Work is quieter now that our big homecoming/new building activity has passed.

Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon Ladies, beautiful warmish day here......I think that may be changing in the next few days though...oh well...it has to come sometimes. my thoughts will be going out to you add your DH LimdaL in the next few days.....I hope that your DH recovery is quick !

Have a great dinner with LindaR Kathleen.....where will you be eating. Glad work has quiet down for now. Too bad about the top you couldn't order.....maybe it was trying to tell you something LOL.

Nice to see you posting Rosa and that you are still enjoying your job. Kelli you sound like you have a great job too!

Twinny hope the girl helping out with your mom is to your liking and also to your Mom's!

Not much going on here I just finished "Mop and Glowing" my floors down here.....I have all hardwood floors here except the bathrooms, downstairs gets the most wear and tear on them. Have a nice day everyone........Marijane

Valued Contributor

Good afternoon!

Linda will keep you and DH in my prayers.

The weather here is another winner upper 70s' and sunny. I have Zumba this evening, it is a fun group of women, I am so glad that I signed up.

Rock Chick, one of my co-workers had trouble with a coupon for Childrens' Place, she even tried to call and use the coupon by phone. It was very frustrating for her.

I hope that everone has a good rest of the day! Thanks for all the kind words, I am doing well thanks to the grace of God and the support of my friends and family.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon ladies:

Looking forward to meeting up with Kathleen this evening. We are eating at Schotzkys. It's a sandwich place that started in Austin years ago. They have an outside patio and Kayanne won't have to wait in the car---one reason for choosing this spot!! In my town their is a Mexican Restuarant on every corner!!! Our steak house recently changed to a Mexican restaurant. Perhaps the price of beef caused this change---not sure of the reason.

Kelli: Glad that you job move was a great one. Sounds like your new employer knows how to treat their staff.

Twinny: Thinking of you.

Rosa: Always lovely to see you post.

LindaL: I will be thinking of you and your DH the next few days (especially). I know he is getting nervous and this is certainly not an unexpected response to going to the hospital. It is nice that the nurse could give you some reassurances.

Respected Contributor

Last time I did something on a weeknight and left Kyanne at home all day and night, I got home at 8:30 and she tore around something crazy. That night I decided that if I am doing something one night, I will take her to work that day. It is cool here, 82 and overcast (perfect, really) and she will be fine in the car. But Linda remembered we ate at Schlotzkys before with her, and I haven't been there since DD left that job for Whataburger. It's like Subway only thick round bread and much more delicious. Smiley Happy

Marijane I would love to have those wood floors. I like to use Mop and Glo too. DH bought it up there thinking it was floor wax. ha ha He does like a waxed floor. I was thinking the same thing about the top - perhaps it's a good thing?

Kelli it is good to see you so happy with your company and I know it is a great feeling to be appreciated. I still love my job!

Rosa I still really love Zumba, but my group wasn't well attended so they cut that class. It's so good to know that your friends and Loveys are rallying around you!

Trusted Contributor

LindaR...a Mexican restaurant on every corner sounds like heaven to me!
Esteemed Contributor

LL, Best wishes for you & your DH tomorrow & Weds. I am sure that nervousness is usual for surgery.

RC, I think that your computer is telling you something. lol. Have fun at dinner tonight with Linda R.

Marijane, I think the gal will work out fine with mom as she told me yesterday that she really liked this gal. As long as her eyesight is not there she will be fine. But when she can see again she will stop the services immediately. She has already stopped her lifeline & 2 days later she lost the sight in her left eye. Last week she told me that she stopped MOW as she wants to cook again. She is used to going to exercise class 2-3 times a week & to church on Sundays. I can understand her being stir crazy, but she is getting us there with her.

Linda R, Have fun at dinner tonight with Kathleen. I prefer Chinese to mexican. I just heard last week that our town will be getting a "dunkin donut" by next summer. We see them on every corner when we visit out DS & DDIL in the Boston area.

I feel like I am riding a nonstop ferris wheel today. Did eye drop duty at 7:00 this morning. Mom mentioned to me last night that she is very unhappy with having no progress in restoring her eyesight. I went over at 9:00 a.m. & she talked over with me options that she thought we could do, but none of them make any sense at this point. Saw her again at 11:00 & told her to wait to see what the Dr. says next Tuesday when she sees him. My brother will be coming tonight & Thursday night, so we will get some breathing time.

DH & I did wash our picture window yesterday as it was in the upper 70's. Today it is in the 50's but sunny so I washed a few more windows. Hopefully tomorrow I will finish the job. Tomorrow DH & I have a meeting about needing to change our insurance plan for next year. Starting in 2015, his retirement company will no longer cover us. This makes me nervous.

The hot tub was great today. Right now that is my only luxury.

Hugs to all of you.

Respected Contributor

Twinny so glad to hear your update and that Mom likes this one. I love Chinese too but our Tex Mex is so delicious. I hope you are able to get off the ferris wheel, that does not sound like fun at all. I don't blame you being nervous about the insurance - I would be eager to get that behind me as well.

Respected Contributor

Hi girls!

It's another beautiful day - yesterday the temp went up to 86°, and although it's not as warm today the next 10 days or so will be in the 70s. No plans to go anywhere - just take the dogs for a walk around the neighborhood, then continue on with the housecleaning. Last night I got the T-shirts for my Christmas Child boxes decorated; I had found plain T-shirts in Dollar Tree, and have a bunch of iron-on transfers among my crafts supplies, so I'm finally getting to use some of those things.

Yesterday I took the dogs to Tractor Supply as it's been a while since they had the pig ears that they love so much. I picked up a couple of things at Dollar Tree - they're starting to get all their Christmas stuff out already, but didn't have the candy canes I need for the kids' boxes yet. After that it was a walk in the park, but they act up terribly when they see another dog, so I think we'll stick to walks around town.

Twinny, glad to hear your mom likes her new helper; hopefully thing will start getting easier for you. We've had a number of Dunkin Donuts open in the area over the last few years. The last couple of times I had them I found the quality wasn't as good - they were less than fresh; I much prefer Krispy Kreme, especially when they're hot and freshly made. I have a Krispy Kreme less than 2 miles from home, and since it's the one that makes donuts for the entire area, including gas stations and supermarkets, the take-out window is open 24/7. I was thinking I hadn't had one in a while, and realized I hadn't been there since February! {#emotions_dlg.scared} Actually, I'm finding that sweets don't appeal to me as much as they used to; in fact, when cleaning out my refrigerator and cupboards I put aside the unopened candy to send to the troops, and a the opened cookies & candy are going to be given to a friend to take to work for her co-workers to eat.

Well, today I'll finish the downstairs bathroom, and maybe get some windows cleaned. After that it's going to be a fun job - getting the Christmas Child boxed packed and ready to drop off at church. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

LindaL, hope all goes well with your husband.

Rosa - always good to see you. You know how to contact me if you need to "talk."

Have a blessed day, everyone!