Trusted Contributor

Shawn wrote a blog about Lisa. Lisa was her mentor when she came to QVC. She wrote a touching, funny post about her early days at QVC and how Lisa helped her. Behind the scenes type of information we would have never known. Also about moving to a new city and not knowing a soul.

She also included the clip of when Lisa introduced Shawn to QVC. I know that several posters go directly into the Forums so you might have missed this on the Community page. I did not see this posted.

Here is the link:

http://community.qvc.com/blogs/beauty-banter/topic/474337/lisa-robertson-and-me.aspx?cm_re=PROMOTIO...

Frequent Contributor

Loved the clip for Shawn's introduction. Shawn's hair looked great back then. I didn't realize she's been here since 2007.

Honored Contributor

Great, funny tribute. Only Shawn would use some of the phrases to describe nervous moments. I'm sure Lisa was touched when she read it.

Valued Contributor

that was an absolutely delightful read. thank you so posting this.

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Honored Contributor

No...was she supposed to?

Esteemed Contributor

I like Shawn's hair there.

Trusted Contributor
On 10/27/2014 LipstickDiva said:

I don't really see what is so touching about this. It could have been touching but Shawn turned it into TMI and it became just weird to me.

I guess I saw this differently than you. Touching moments in the blog, to me, was Lisa driving Shawn to the airport. Lisa inviting Shawn over to dinner, being a shoulder to cry on. so to speak, when she thought she messed up on her presentation with Dennis Basso.

Honored Contributor

Really touching and funny but of course a couple would turn it or try to turn it nasty!!!

Honored Contributor

Regardless of how you feel about LR, Shawn wrote a very nice tribute to her friend.

Frequent Contributor

Vickie, I also thought the post was heartfelt and I have to say one thing that has stood out to me about LR is she is very encouraging to the new hosts that are assigned to her. I understand it's a part of the senior hosts' job but having worked in competitive employment environments it is increasingly rare for the old guard to show special generosity to incoming employees.

I also think some other hosts have also done a great job as mentors in the past, judging by the number of personalities that have remained with the Q for so many years.

Aresnz, I also couldn't believe Shawn's been here since 2007. Can't believe it's been that long.