Honored Contributor

Which clothing styles and clothing items popular today do you think will become classics?

Sometimes it seems I see a clothing item on so very many people, I'm sure it will always be something they will wear because it appears to work on some level for everyone, whether it is becoming or not.

What is fashionable today that you feel will probably never leave? I think we will never go back to having dyed to match sets, and seperates are here to stay. Scarves have become a main accessory in the last few years and I think they will stay to some degree. Mary Jane shoes; practical, but shown in "The Devil Wears Prada" as high heels have even shown up in the brand Born! I think leggings like tights will stay. Wider slack legs are coming in to balance the longer tops and jeggings ( leggings like jeans) will phase out. Such a large number of women wear them as warmth, I don't think they will leave.

I think handbags will take a "nose dive" in size. Large bags are heavy and the more leather, the higher expense. I think cross body bags will become classic.

Respected Contributor

Re: Which clothing styles and clothing items popular today do you think will become classics?

Basics that have been classics will remain so.

Trendy stuff will jagged hemlines will go away (soon, I hope.)

Respected Contributor

Re: Which clothing styles and clothing items popular today do you think will become classics?

I have a closet full of classics. That's what I wear.

Super Contributor

On 10/27/2014 insomniac said:

Basics that have been classics will remain so.

Trendy stuff will jagged hemlines will go away (soon, I hope.)

I don't think they'll ever go away .. but their popularity will decline. I have some "handkerchief hem" skirts that I've had for years, and one of my asymmetrical hem tops is from about five or six years ago.

Super Contributor

I think classics will always be classic.

I think jeggings/leggings come and go. They are really popular, then they fade in popularity and then they come back in vogue. Many things do this.

I do think that one thing that seems to be sticking around is scarves. I like that. I think that is one accessory, that you can use in so many different ways. You can use them in just about any outfit, whether you lose or gain weight, with maternity wear, with outerwear, with gym/athletic wear, with jeans, with business clothing. They just "go" with everything and are really versatile. That is why women love them. The fabrics and styles may change (for example, eternity scarves) but the basic idea of the scarf will stay. I hope.

Contributor

I think the Riding Boot is a classic style and even though the ankle boot is popular, you can never go wrong with a classic low heeled Riding Boot for almost any occasion in Fall, Winter and even early spring (weather considering).Love the lean, clean line of them on any size woman.

Esteemed Contributor

I think those open style sweaters with waterfall, or slightly longer, fronts might stay.

I don't like them for myself because I don't think they are flattering to my short busty frame (they make me feel huge), but they have been in for several seasons now, so I think they will last.

Honored Contributor

Classic, RL inspired, and semi-BoHo.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

I will admit I was wrong. When animal print made a return several years ago, I thought it was a passing fad. Not so. It seems animal print has become a classic.

Super Contributor

Leggings or slim knit pants, they've been a staple for 25 years or more. Tall/riding boots . A moto style jacket. Some iteration of animal print. A great scarf and a good leather satchel.