Super Contributor

Do you do FaceBook?? Your thoughts?

I personally don't have a FB account but I do however visit hosts' pages from time to time or retail stores FB pages to see of any upcoming deals etc… My question is what do you think of it? Sometimes I think it's great and a nice way for family & friends to keep in touch with one another and other times it just seems like a fantasy world to some people. They can be whatever they portray themselves to be behind a computer. I've also heard people reference FB and say BragBook, LOL. It does seem like that from time to time too. HaHa…..

I must say some hosts post very nice things while others are obsessed with posting their every move and loads of selfies. That's when FB can look a bit narcissistic to me. I think LR is one of those people who posts endless pics of herself. It's crazy. There's one tonight on there with her supposedly choosing an outfit for tonight's GILI kickoff TSV and wanted to display as much attitude as possible (her words) because she's nervous. Somehow with her poise she displays on-air it never comes across as she's nervous but maybe she can still be that way after all these years? Who knows? But it does make me wonder if that was really the case or she just wanted to show herself off once again. Her outfit is FIERCE! She looks exceptional! But shouldn't she be more concerned the highlight at midnight is her GILI TSV bags and not her outfit??

FB is very entertaining. Lots of people's true colors sure come out on there. Smile

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you do FaceBook?? Your thoughts?

I do FB but only with family & close friends. No show hosts. I also do community pages & online yardsales.

Esteemed Contributor

"They can be whatever they portray themselves to be behind a computer."

You can do that here.......actually, you can do that pretty much anywhere on the internet.

Esteemed Contributor

Use it but don't much like it. I sync one game and whatever comes on, as in family and some friends I browse. But mostly what I see is lots of nonsense. I really don't want to know what someone eats or does 24/7 and that seems to be what I get to read. Lots of showoff like things. I prefer just to stay away.

Super Contributor

I've never really wanted a FB account, but when I was still working at Whole Foods some of my co-workers, thinking they were doing me a favor, got me on one. I didn't want to seem ungracious so I let them do it. However, I not only don't like it, I don't understand it one bit. It makes absolutely no sense to me. I don't have much patience with it either. I really couldn't care less if someone had a ham sandwich for lunch or if their kids got in trouble for chewing gum in class.

Super Contributor

On 10/26/2014 bonnielu said:

Use it but don't much like it. I sync one game and whatever comes on, as in family and some friends I browse. But mostly what I see is lots of nonsense. I really don't want to know what someone eats or does 24/7 and that seems to be what I get to read. Lots of showoff like things. I prefer just to stay away.

Yes, I agree bonnielu about the showoff things. It's also a turn off how every pic some people post is photoshopped. It sends such a wrong message to those people who look up to the ones doing it. LR admits she uses the app Facetune all the time for her pics before she ever posts them. Her skin is always perfectly "flawless" and when others don't know she does this, they truly believe her skin is naturally that way and they want to buy every face cream and skin care product she endorses. It's sad. Lots of people can be so naive.

Super Contributor

On 10/26/2014 Issiestorm said:

I've never really wanted a FB account, but when I was still working at Whole Foods some of my co-workers, thinking they were doing me a favor, got me on one. I didn't want to seem ungracious so I let them do it. However, I not only don't like it, I don't understand it one bit. It makes absolutely no sense to me. I don't have much patience with it either. I really couldn't care less if someone had a ham sandwich for lunch or if their kids got in trouble for chewing gum in class.

HAHAHA that is too funny Issiestorm because it's SO true!! So many people have to post what they eat but then pictures to go along with it!!! It's like why?? What is the point to that? {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Valued Contributor

I didn't see it on her FB page?

Honored Contributor

The only facebook I'm in is the one with my mugshot at the police station.

Honored Contributor

No. I've been tempted, and a lot of people are trying to talk me into it. I may give in eventually, but for right now, I like my privacy! Wink