Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, 10/26)

Good morning, shopping friends. It is a sunny but cool day, one expected to warm up Since today is "cooking day," it is a great opportunity to go to the city. I'll be having my nails done and having a late lunch/early dinner with friends at the Outback.

I'm not opposed to "cooking day" as such; I just dislike all day events such as this. I tend to tune into the Q for programs I like despite not needing to buy at the time. I just get ideas for future use and the wish list.

I do have those Sistema mugs but I got mime at Amazon in the number I needed. I think they are $6.99 each there. These are great purchases. I love Progresso soup and one of the mugs will hold a full can. I've also done steaming in them or limited cooking. Great item! I actually am considering the Rangemate for future use but it will not be a purchase today.

I started my ferrous iron supplement last night. So far, no upset stomach with it. Time will tell. November will be a time of doctor appointments and tests. Until this is all over, I'm not worrying about diet, etc.

My Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 in the 10.1 inch size is a winner. It will easily replace a laptop. The 7 inch version I have will be used to carry in my work bag, etc. Because of the cost of this "want," I'm watching carefully purchases now unless they can be considered a "need."

I'm off to get ready for the city trip. QF jeans topped by a coordinating print D&C top with the Dennis Basso faux leather jacket, and Clarks clogs. One of the IM Ceramic watches and Michael Dawkins jewelry purchased long ago will finish what I wear. Now, I made this fashion relevant.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, 10/26)

I'm off to the city, an hour and a half drive. I'm timing it to arrive at Noon. Enjoy!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

Jean - Thank you for starting us today, have a good day in the city. Your outfit sounds just "smashing". Hope the new iron supplement doesn't upset your stomach, nothing is worse than taking something that is supposed to help you and all it does it make you feel sick.

Not much going on here today, we just got back from breakfast and I have a few things to go and pick up at the store. I guess my excitement for the will be washing cars, I do have to admit they both need a bath something terrible. I used to was my car weekly, now I do it when I think about it. Sad, I know.

Well off to get my "stuff", hope everyone has a great morning.

Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies, thanks for starting us Jean. Hope you have a great time in the city and a nice lunch with friends. saw your selfie on FB ....

Susan have fun car washing.....I haven't done that in ages....if I am lucky DH will have mine done when he takes my car for gas which isn't very often since I usually just go to the supermarket ...about 3 miles away!

Great picture of your DH as Batman LindaL..Do you have one of yourself in costume? sorry your DH procedure was pushed back a few days...that sure is an early time to be at the hospital.

LindaR did you ever make that spaghetti squash...as if so how did you make it?

Not much going on here, think I'll be heading to Macy's today to return some turtleneck sweaters.....maybe pick up a few things to refill the empty bag! Have a nice day everyone......Marijane

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon! Have a great time in the city Jean. Your outfit sounds beautiful. I haven't been to Outback in quite a while, but I remember enjoying it very much. I bought a Sistema mug and steamer at Beall's. I haven't used the mug much, but the steamer is very useful for steaming vegetables in the microwave, which I do all the time. Hope the iron supplement is no problem. I may have mentioned that DD takes something along with the iron since she had problems taking the high dose iron product prescribed.

Hi Susan -- our car is so dirty -- yikes! I keep thinking about going to the car wash, but somehow I don't take the time to go. I used to do my own car washing, but the hose arrangement here makes that very difficult at best. Maybe I'll take the car in tomorrow or Tuesday. Hope breakfast out was good, and you get all the "stuff" done that you want to do.

Thanks for your comments about DH's costume Marijane. I think that by now you may have seen the photo on FB where I'm in costume. This came from the local newspaper. I know that there were other pictures taken, just not sure whether I will be able to copy them. I did not have picture taken of myself in costume with my camera. Good luck at Macy's -- I have found some nice things when I have shopped. Since there is no local store, that isn't too often. That is probably a good thing for my wallet.

Waves to Kathleen, Arlene, twinny, LindaR, Gayle, Karen, Val, Rosa, Jules, Karen, Nancy, and all of our posters and readers.

It should be a quiet day for me -- church, gym, and ironing being the highlights. DH and I had a nice walk this morning.

Have a good day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon:

I am home from church and need to get motivated! I had a list of duties to finish---so far I haven't made it far.

I did make the spagetti squash. It was really tough to cut---tough skin for sure. I simply had it with a bit of butter and salt and pepper. It was tasty---a very small one---just about right for two servings.

I glanced at the Q to see the turkey fryer AGAIN--I guess they didn't sell enough as the TSV.

LindaL: Your parade looked like great fun.

Hope all are doing well. Need to rustle up some lunch.

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, Have a fun day in the city. I don't need any more cooking tools either. I downsized my kitchen about 2 years ago & haven't missed one thing that I either gave away or donated. Hopefully the iron meds will not upset your stomach. Your outfit for today sounds so nice. It always make me feel to dress nicely even though it is usually casual dressy. I like a nice jacket & hoop earrings to finish off my outfit.

Susan, Breakfast out is fun as we don't do it too often. Usually when we are vacationing somewhere. My DH washes our crossover, but it doesn't show the dirt very much so it doesn't get many baths either. He did wash it the day that we were vehicle hunting about 10 days ago so it looked extra nice.

Marijane, I hope that tomorrow when the gal comes to mom's house for eye drops etc. mom cooperates. She rarely locks her doors either as she wants it to be easy for me to get into the house. I do have a key though.

LL, cute outfits for your parade. It is great that your DH was in costume too. Sorry about the change in appts. & such an early starting time. Hopefully your DD's washer problems are a thing of the past.

FHG, We are still having a great Indian summer. That will all end in a few days though.

Today I had eye drop duty at 7:00. I was dreaming when the alarm went off & did not want to get up. DH & I went to church & it was nice as it is Pastor Appreciation month around here. We are a small church with lots of generosity. We gave the pastor & his wife an overnight bed & breakfast stay in a very nice nearby town, nice dinner out & spending money to do with as they wish. I had eye drop duty again at 11:00, but we did get a quick lunch out before going into the hot tub. The weather has been fantastic so we are making the most of it. I was hoping that my brother would come up today, but they are taking a son back to college this afternoon. I love to watch ice skating & today there is a nice show on TV. I used to ice skate & roller skate, but those days are long over.

Hugs to all of you.

Respected Contributor

Hi girls! It's another gorgeous day, and the temps are going to be in the 80s for the rest of the week! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} I took the dogs for a long walk around the neighborhood; there are so many twists and turns and cul-de-sacs that I'm always finding places I've never seen before. Autumn picked up a baseball in the street somewhere and actually carried it in her mouth for over a mile, all the way home! {#emotions_dlg.laugh} That dog love balls and gets so excited when she sees people playing with them, or sees the tennis balls in Tractor Supply; Honeybun isn't big on toys, but goes nuts where she sees a squirrel.

Hope you have a good day in the city, Jean. I haven't been to the Outback in over a year; last time I went it was rather disappointing; I'm finding the same with Olive Garden - not as good as it used to be. I think the parent company is having some financial troubles.

Susan, I wash my car every so often - I go to the car wash maybe twice a year, mostly so I can use their heavy-duty vacuums, but usually do it myself. Problem is, by the next day it has pawprints all over it again! {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Twinny, that was a nice gift for your pastor. I don't really know the one at the church I go to here very well - I guess the church is too big - but I did send a nice email to my pastor in Hawaii; I sure do miss him! Hopefully your mom won't give the aide any problems; you have enough to deal with as it is.

I was talking to a friend yesterday, the one I'm going to Trader Joe's with next week and went to Florida with. She was angry with a co-worker, because she drove the woman someplace and when the woman got out of the car, the door handle broke. My friend was really angry, and thinks the woman should pay for the repairs, because she said she was very rough with the door, and was complaining she has to spend hundreds of dollars to get it repaired with the part alone probably over $100. The woman did say she'd pay for part of getting it fixed, which I think is more than fair - as the woman pointed out, my friend's car is old. Anyway, my friend was really upset, and now that I know "sources" for car parts, I looked on Amazon - she can get a new handle for under $10! Anyway, do you think my friend is being unreasonable, saying that if the woman doesn't pay for the entire repair she wants nothing further to do with her? I mean, her car is about 20 years old, even though it doesn't look it - stuff happens!

I'm moving along with the cleaning; when I think of all that has to be done it seems overwhelming, but I'm trying not to think about it, just do a half hour or so here and there, and I'm finally starting to see results. The kitchen woodwork could use painting, but...

Guess I'd better get the dogs and head out - have a blessed day, everyone!

Esteemed Contributor

I think it is unreasonable to expect the other lady to pay for the entire repair Arlene.

I think Your friend is lucky that a 20 year old car is still running -- that is great. It seems hard to believe that the other lady would be so hard on the door handle that it fell off despite being fine. My guess is that it was already in bad shape.

Hopefully, your friend will buy the less expensive handle you found, and the repairs won't be too expensive.

However, if your friend is feeling this negatively about the other lady, their relationship is probably in trouble.

This is just my take on things, which may be totally wrong.

I remember a friend of my ex who was always saying that we shut the car door too hard. Years later, a lady who I worked with said that about how others when they shut the car door. As far as I know, nothing happened with the doors, but they were definitely worried about it. I think some people are overprotective of their cars, and some are sort of quick to anger. I am remembering how angry one of my fellow volunteers got at another, I just couldn't understand it, but......

Sorry you find yourself in the midst of such a mess.

Respected Contributor

Don't forget DAYLIGHT Savings Time ends next weekend!. Oh I so dislike the time changes. It will be dark so early now. I would rather have the light at the end of the day.