Super Contributor

I'm watching Lisa's Christmas decorating show and I'm just in awe of how beautiful everything looks. But more like a showcase than reality. Just wondering does anyone really decorate over the top like this?? While it's all just stunning to look at it just looks too much to me. And not to mention, this is not permanent decorating. So not only is everything super expensive to buy all this stuff, my decorations are up for a little over a month and then I'm tired of all the glitz and clutter and just want my home back to "normal". Seems like a lot of work just for temporary satisfaction. Doesn't look very cozy and homey either. It's more like hold your breath or something may break or move out of place, Lol.

Lisa's style is gorgeous but considering she lives alone, just always makes me wonder who is she doing all this decorating really for? Especially now that she'll no longer be on Q to showoff her home. Seems a bit excessive but I guess that's just how Lisa rolls. She doesn't appear to live in a reality world like most of us.

Super Contributor

Some people love to decorate for the holidays, others don't. I can't decorate to the level of Lisa's QVC set - but it's beautiful to admire, isn't it? When I go to someone's home and it's decorated like this, I compliment the person and enjoy it but I don't feel inferior for keeping my house really simple at the holidays. Simple works for me. I agree with you - it seems like a load of work and dough - but it's just what some people love to do and it does create a magical scene.

I think Lisa just loves to do this decorating and I suspect that this is where she is heading after she ends her hosting work at the Q. She is going to the vendor side and she will do home decor, clothing, jewelry, shoes.

Trusted Contributor
I'll take Ellen's show any day. There is no substitute for a relaxed, natural presentation. Not to mention a sense of humor. Very refreshing
Super Contributor
On 10/24/2014 Alsee said: I'll take Ellen's show any day. There is no substitute for a relaxed, natural presentation. Not to mention a sense of humor. Very refreshing

I liked Ellen's aesthetic. The industrial letters, the natural colors, the animal whimsy. And it was something different! Finally something different on the Q. Ellen is great. Very funny, but she keeps it clean - that's tough to do. It's easy to be funny-raunchy, tougher to be funny-clean.

Super Contributor

Yes her taste is over the top and very expensive. Of course most of us don't decorate like that in our own homes. She probably hires someone to help her get it all up and take it all down. Why not, Lisa is very wealthy, she can afford to buy whatever she wants and does, clearly, and I'm sure she enjoys it. She has great taste. She has no significant other, no children, no pets, no family around close by, no commitments other than her job, so I am sure she spends a lot of time shopping, decorating, and spending money on décor. Why not? I sure would!

I do admire her décor taste however as much as she puts up, would suffocate me! It's just too much. I couldn't stand it all. The older I get, the less I like up. I don't like a lot of decorations at all in a home. I like comfortable and elegant things, but I like less of them now. I want my home to be functional but lovely. I don't ever want my home to be over the top or look "over done".

Respected Contributor

No question it is all very beautiful. For my own home, however, I keep it more fun and sort of on the whimsical side--gingerbread boys/girls, snowmen, Santas, elves, candy shoppe type stuff. My children love it and so do I. I do like the ivory and gold but only here and there, not everywhere. I really liked those nutcrackers that were on another thread

Valued Contributor

Just about everything shown can be found at Hobby Lobby or Michaels for a much lower price. There are always coupons or sales. Sometimes I see the exact same items. Other times I see things that are very similar. The poinsettias that are being shown can be found all over, even in the Dollar Store. If I have to buy MIC, I prefer to pay less $$$$. The same goes with VPH items. These people do not design the items. Also, the things shown and they way things are decorated do not say 'warm' to me. They also do not say 'kid friendly.' If I have people, especially children in my home, I want them to feel at home and not feel like they are in a museum. I had to turn the sales clerk off as she was so hyped up over MIC items. I also cannot tolerate the constant misuse of 'literally,' as I am an English teacher. It's the same old worn and tired expressions...'grab it,' 'less than a dollar a day,' 'how great is that?' 'practically free,' etc.. If I used the same worn expressions in my classroom day after day, my students would mimic me. Just my opinion. docsgirl

Trusted Contributor

I have always loved decorating for Christmas. My late hubby and I would go all out and our kids and later grand kids loved it! We had a tree in every room, and decorated from top to bottom. Everyone gathered at our home for Christmas and it was heavenly.

Now my love is gone and for the first time since he passed to heaven I decorated last year; no where near the same scale as I did with Dean, and I shed many tears of memories of past.

I love Christmas and enjoy watching Lisa's shows. She is such a talented woman and enjoy watching her shows.

Early Merry Christmas to all.

Respected Contributor
What amazes me is that she has the time to do all this elaborate decorating with her busy schedule. I live in small condo so I try to keep it simple but love to sit and look at my decorations before the holidays. I did buy a couple things but usually when I buy something new I donate something I have. I love watching the show and seeing how people decorate their homes. I wonder what will happen to all of Lisa's videos after she leaves, will Q remove them.
Respected Contributor
On 10/24/2014 docsgirl said:

Just about everything shown can be found at Hobby Lobby or Michaels for a much lower price. There are always coupons or sales. Sometimes I see the exact same items. Other times I see things that are very similar. The poinsettias that are being shown can be found all over, even in the Dollar Store. If I have to buy MIC, I prefer to pay less $$$$. The same goes with VPH items. These people do not design the items. Also, the things shown and they way things are decorated do not say 'warm' to me. They also do not say 'kid friendly.' If I have people, especially children in my home, I want them to feel at home and not feel like they are in a museum. I had to turn the sales clerk off as she was so hyped up over MIC items. I also cannot tolerate the constant misuse of 'literally,' as I am an English teacher. It's the same old worn and tired expressions...'grab it,' 'less than a dollar a day,' 'how great is that?' 'practically free,' etc.. If I used the same worn expressions in my classroom day after day, my students would mimic me. Just my opinion. docsgirl

What does MIC stand for?