Esteemed Contributor

Shopaholics - ODAT Tuesday, October 21

Good Morning/Afternoon Ladies!

I need to get ready for the senior lunch program soon, but I decided to post before I get too busy.

Hope everyone is having a nice day. We are having beautiful (Chamber of Commerce type) weather here. But, we may have unusually hot weather this weekend. That will probably bother me since my parade costume is plastic-like in several places. Oh well....

I plan to go to the gym this afternoon, but nothing else to report.

What is everyone else up to today?

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Re: Shopaholics - ODAT Tuesday, October 21

We have lovely weather in the morning and evenings. Afternoons still heat up.

I remembered you were in a parade---how long will you be in costume?

At church on Sunday they announced a casserole sale next Sunday--then I learn they need people to bring dishes!! Have an event in November to cook for also. On Sunday the ladies did all the work---all the men just vanished!!! Pretty typical!!! The November event will be a ladies luncheon which will be nice.

No shopping--made a quick grocery run--got home and found I forget needed items--sigh!.

Esteemed Contributor

LL, Our weather is beautiful too. Lots of pretty colors & they say it should be like this for the rest of October. Hope you have good weather for the parade. I hung two large loads of wash outside today as it is sunny & breezy. Hope to do more tomorrow.

Linda R, Our church has potluck dinners once a month. Everybody is good about taking nice dishes & usually the teens do the dishes. The men set up the tables if they need to.

Yesterday I was about to the end of my rope. First off I got a call from social services to verify them coming in the afternoon. I made the appt. 3 weeks ago for tomorrow. Of course tomorrow is filled up so they are coming this afternoon. I had to call my brother as he was planning to come tomorrow too. So far SS has messed everything up including mom getting meals on wheels. When she called to cancel one day, they said they didn't have her signed up for them. By that time she got them two days late.

We took mom to one of her eye Dr.'s yesterday (he hasn't seen her before, but the regular Dr. was out of the office). Mom told him that she was tired of the every 2 hour eye drop schedule, so he said start the eye drops at 7:00 a.m. & go until 9:00 p.m. That is worse for me as now she never has a time when only one drop goes in her eye. Now I don't know if the neighbors are willing to go over & put 3 or 4 drops in. I went today at 7:00 a.m., 11:00, will go back at 3:00 p.m., 7:00 & finish up at 9:00 p.m. I needed to write up a new schedule for myself as one time I do 4 drops & the next time I do 3 drops etc. until 9:00 p.m.

Social services is going to mom's at 4:30, so I hope to get something accomplished with them as my brother will be there also. Then I had to call our local clinic this morning to get her some new eye drops & they gave me a big run around again for that.

My soap box ended, have a great day all of you. Please pray for me in this matter.

Respected Contributor

Hello Linda!! Thank you for starting us; we are having "Chamber of Commerce" weather here as well. I've been, of all things, markering up our bear statue in the places that the mold was made left a bit of uncolored spots. I think he is made of bronze. So I've got my music on and enjoying some outside (shade) time. I worked on it for a while yesterday too. The things they pay me to do!! Smiley Happy

I became a "human doing" last night and got a lot of housework done. I had to charge up my fitbit so it didn't log any steps, so I was madly trying to get some steps in. lol You can imagine!

I forgot about the parade!! I was thinking I have the fixings to be Dorothy if I wanted to, it would be modified. But I bought a costume so I'm sure I will wear it.

Bath and Body got the best of me last night as I went to replace the wall "smellies" and discovered I only had 4! I ordered several refill packs and found my favorite discontinued scent of shower gel on the 50% off so I went ahead and ordered some. That's my story today.

Respected Contributor

Awww Twinny, I am praying right now. Sometimes that is the most encouraging thing I can think of to say. Praying God's blessings on you, and for SS to get their ducks in a row.

Respected Contributor

Twinny: Oh my===prayers for you.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the prayers everybody.

RC, I bought some liquid hand lotion several months ago at B & B something with pineapple in it. So yummy smelling & when I went to get more, they said it was seasonal. DARN! I am sorry to hear about your DH not really liking his new job. Maybe it is a good idea for you to stay put for a while yet. Especially since you have a job that you like. I have never moved away from my hometown, so I am certainly not an expert in your situation. Prayers for you too.

Linda R, I guess when it rains it pours. Good thing my DH is holding his own in our problems. Right now I am tired & angry as we are doing the best that we can & nothing seems to help bring mom's eyesight back.

Valued Contributor

Hello All,

Great weather here too. I spent the last 2 days taking things into the thrift shop. So many things we were not using and with limited storage, I needed to free up the space. I had originally tried a few consignment shops but they are getting so limited in what items they take that it was a wasted trip...should have just gone directly to the thrift shop.

Twinny, so sorry to hear of all the health care coordination problems. I worked in health care for over 30 years and now that I am on the other side of things, it is amazing how messed up things can get. I have gone through a few hospitalizations recently and coordinating my own care was very un fun and tiring.

Kathleen, hope things level off. Career issues can be tough for sure.

Have a good day all!! Gayle

Respected Contributor

Hi girls! It looks like a beautiful day out there, warm and sunny, so I'm taking the dogs out in a little while before I get down to work. I figure if I do two hours' cleaning a day I'll be through by the end of the month - we're talking heavy cleaning, which is why it takes so long.

I did go to Publix yesterday, but it was overcast and raining. I went to the old one that's across the street from a church that has a nice walking path, and sure enough, the rain stopped, but I forgot their leashes. That Publix had only a couple of packages of the cat food that I had gone for on sale left, so I went to the new one in Chattanooga; each is about the same distance from my home, but I think I'm going to stick with the new one - it's so much bigger and nicer. Anyway, I now have enough canned cat food to last for the rest of the year. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Twinny, I really feel for you. I remember what a pain it was taking care of my former MIL; not that I had to do much myself, but dealing with all those different agencies was really draining, not to mention having all kinds of people in and out of the house at all hours - Meals on Wheels, the aide who bathed her, nurses, some guy who used to come and take blood... I was a newlywed, and it was really taking a toll on our marriage; one day I was crying hysterically when a nursing supervisor walked in. She was totally appalled to see the condition I was in and said she had to get help; she scheduled a meeting with me and my husband, a psychiatrist, a social worker, and the regular caretaker. I was so relieved to think help was on the way, and it turned out they didn't care about me or my husband, they were only concerned about that nasty old woman who tried to break up our marriage from day one! When I said I couldn't stand it anymore, their suggestion was, "Take a walk and get some ice cream - you'll feel better." Seriously? {#emotions_dlg.mad} Point is, I know how difficult it is to be a caretaker, and I really, really can empathize with you; wish there was something I could do to help, but I am praying for you.

LindaR, I sure do miss my church in Hawaii and the potlucks they often had; no such thing at the one I go to here. They used to have Wednesday evening dinners before services where you got a good buffet meal prepared by hired cooks for only a couple of dollars, but the new pastor eliminated them, along with the Wednesday services. {#emotions_dlg.crying} They're now doing small groups instead, which reminds me, I have to contact the deacon who told me there's one in my town.

Baby Ziggy is snuggled in the crook of my arm again as he loves to do. Poor baby still has an upper respiratory infection; he's had a hard time shaking it off. I've been giving him a natural antibiotic, and also started him and Shoshanna on lysine today.

Guess I'd better get to work. First thing on the agenda is finding the packages that I have to mail for the cousins' birthdays - one has to be mailed tomorrow, and the other on Friday. The gifts are wrapped and in the packages, addressed and all ready to go - and darned if I can remember where I put them! {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} I also can't find the receipt for the last purse I got at TJ Maxx; I was going to return it, as I really don't need it. If it's not found in the next day or two it'll be too late to get my cash back, and I sure don't need a credit slip...might as well keep the purse, because I know a credit slip will cost me more in the long run...I'll look for something else to get with it, and find a bunch of things.

Have a blessed day, everyone!