Super Contributor

Just curious how much the vendors make from the sales. It must be sufficient to keep them coming back.

Honored Contributor

Re: What % do the vendors make?

I bet it's different with every vendor - like it is with food companies in a supermarket.

Esteemed Contributor

I would think that is established separately by contract with each vendor and is not a across the board %.
Respected Contributor

I don't have an "in" with any vendor, so I couldn't tell you.

Respected Contributor

Years ago I knew someone that wanted to sell a food item at Q. First, they have to have a lot of product in stock, and I believe it was 50% of the profits went to Q. It was fairly high. And if all the product didn't sell too bad. He didn't pursue it.

Super Contributor

At the bottom of every page, below the social media buttons you can find the topic "work with QVC - Become a Vendor". It states that the vendor sets the wholesale price, QVC requires a minimum quantity to purchase - so vendors don't receive a %, they sell wholesale to QVC, then QVC sets the retail price.

Honored Contributor

I remember Fenton sold to them on a guaranteed sale basis, meaning they took back unsold merchandise. That is the only line of which I have firsthand knowledge.

Honored Contributor

On 10/20/2014 KathyPet said: I would think that is established separately by contract with each vendor and is not a across the board %.

ITA - done by contract

And probably way more complicated than most of us realize.