Regular Contributor

QVC UPS PRICE ON A CLEARANCE ITEM

QVC Had all the GILI Roma 2 handbags on clearance for the last couple of weeks.

All of a sudden, a couple more patterns come in the everything changes! Back to 187.00

from the clearance of 129.00. NOT RIGHT Q!!!!!

You can't just up the price once the SAME STYLE and it is the same style bag goes on sale,

and give it a different item # and expect that we will go along with that!

Very upset with this!! I have been waiting for the snake, it's in and not 187.00!

Disgusted!

Trusted Contributor

Re: QVC UPS PRICE ON A CLEARANCE ITEM

How frustrating! I would be tempted to call Customer Service and ask them what that's all about...Maybe it's a mistake??

Trusted Contributor

They can't up the price? Of course they can up the price! You don't have to buy it, but they can charge whatever they want.

Contributor

Deelor...I've noticed this on several items marked as *clearance*. I chuckle...think of several B&M retailers playing by those *rules*...and I keep it moving. I know you're frustrated tho'...hopefully you will find an even more fabulous piece as a statement bag!!

Honored Contributor

deelor- I'm confused. Did they change the price on the bags that had been on clearance or just on the new colors?

I can tell you their competitors actually charge different prices for the exact same colors sometimes when the bags came into inventory at different times. That's why I'm asking.

Super Contributor

When Lisa was presenting the Roma 2 that was on clearance, she explained that it was the original - the one without the magnetic closure. The others that are at regular price are the newer ones with the magnetic closure. Confusing, but separate bags. Look at the GILI page - they are both listed.

Regular Contributor

On 10/20/2014 okiebug said:

When Lisa was presenting the Roma 2 that was on clearance, she explained that it was the original - the one without the magnetic closure. The others that are at regular price are the newer ones with the magnetic closure. Confusing, but separate bags. Look at the GILI page - they are both listed.

This is correct. The original Roma 2, item A239484, is on clearance and it's still showing on clearance today. The updated Roma 2, item A255157, was not showing for awhile, but it is back and at it's normal price. That updated Roam 2 has never been on clearance, at least not yet.

Regular Contributor

No, as I got the lizard for that price and it had the snap so it is from the second group. they did not have the lizard in the first group.

There are WAY to many prices jumbled up on this item.

Very frustrating to me.

Trusted Contributor

I agree that it is frustrating. I don't find the Q to be very customer friendly for that and other reasons. For example, most of the time, the more you buy, the more S&H you pay. Many large retailers offer free shipping after you hit a certain price point. They reward you for giving them a lot of business. QVC does the opposite. I just feel like they are more interested in the bottom line than in keeping customers happy. I get it that they need to be profitable, but because of their policies, I have made exactly one purchase from them in the last 10 months whereas I used to buy a lot more frequently.
Occasional Contributor

Yea, and her newest bag, the MILANO hobo, can't be found on the site unless you search for it, seems like they are trying to sell old stuff first?they do weird things.