Esteemed Contributor

CAN WE TALK BLACK PONTE KNIT ANKLE PANTS?

I am in the market for a new pair of black ponte knit ankle pants. A couple of parameters:

1. I would like them to be pull-on style for a sleeker fit (no flys, zippers, etc).

2. No stitched seam down the front of the pants.

3. Nothing skin tight like a legging.

I haven't had an opportunity to shop B&M, so I am not familiar with what might be available for fall/winter. DO YOU HAVE A FAVORITE THAT YOU MIGHT RECOMMEND?

Thank you for your suggestions!

Note: Finding just the right pair could prove to be as difficult as finding that perfect pair of jeans.

Respected Contributor

Re: CAN WE TALK BLACK PONTE KNIT ANKLE PANTS?

I will await the responses, as I have done a bit of looking and haven't seen any (yet) that meet the parameters you listed (which would be my preferences as well).

Honored Contributor

My favorite knit pull on pants are Eileen Fisher. They are pricier but they wear like iron so to me they are worth every penny. I've had some for 5+ years.

JJill has some nice, more reasonably priced Wearever (?) knit pants.

I bought a nice pair last year at HSN but do not remember the brand. They were $60-ish.

Contributor

On 10/20/2014 magicmoodz said:

I am in the market for a new pair of black ponte knit ankle pants. A couple of parameters:

1. I would like them to be pull-on style for a sleeker fit (no flys, zippers, etc).

2. No stitched seam down the front of the pants.

3. Nothing skin tight like a legging.

I haven't had an opportunity to shop B&M, so I am not familiar with what might be available for fall/winter. DO YOU HAVE A FAVORITE THAT YOU MIGHT RECOMMEND?

Thank you for your suggestions!

Note: Finding just the right pair could prove to be as difficult as finding that perfect pair of jeans.

oooh...goood question OP! I'M going to be *ghosting* this thread taking notes!!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Ps...not looking for the *old school* Ponte, or, that *scuba-feel/slick* Ponte...AND...In a cigarette pantSmile

Honored Contributor

take a look at Vera Wang at Kohls,

she does many styles of pants, in petites, regulars and they are made well.

I have not looked this season and don't know if there are ponte pants but it is a start. Kohls might have others, they have a huge selection of styles

Frequent Contributor

White House Black Market has great ponte knit ankle and full length leggings/pants starting at $48. I was at the outlets the other day and they had a black, grey, and Burgundy color in them. I like that their pants are not skin tight since they are not made for a teenager.

I also really like the Loft for ponte knit pants. Ive seen them there recently in grey, blue, and black.

Ann Taylor has some as well in assorted colors in all lengths and sizes. You might want to even try talbots.

Hope this helps.. I'm on a ponte knit craze as of late.

Super Contributor

Have you tried vermontcountrystore.com?

Super Contributor

Hi magic! Do you need Reg or Petite? What price do you have in mind? Do you want this for casual or dressy wear? Do you have a fabric preference? (some ladies do not like poly or poly blends etc.)

I would recommend you look at JJill. They have a lot of nice looking and comfortable ankle pants in some nice fabrics. Their Wearever pieces are very nice if you want knit pants.

Also, check out Loft. They periodically offer 40% their pants, and if you log on to the website early in the morning they often have 50% off FLASH sales where everything on the website is half off. It's typically only for a few hours and expires at 10am.

I would also look at Nordstrom. They have several brands and recently I've been shopping there quite a bit and finding some nice pieces! Look at Karen Kane and Chaus there, they have some very nice things.

These would be the first places I would look. Then, I would check out Chicos, WHBM, Ann Taylor and Talbots. HTH. Good luck, and you're right, a great fitting, decently priced pair of black ankle pants made from a quality fabric that is just what you want, can be difficult to find!

Esteemed Contributor

These are awesome, they have stretch and they come in ankle and full length and regular and petites.

A235335

Trusted Contributor

On 10/20/2014 lulu2 said:

My favorite knit pull on pants are Eileen Fisher. They are pricier but they wear like iron so to me they are worth every penny. I've had some for 5+ years.

JJill has some nice, more reasonably priced Wearever (?) knit pants.

I bought a nice pair last year at HSN but do not remember the brand. They were $60-ish.

Yes to Eileen Fisher! Worth every penny. They last forever without wrinkling or pilling so you will wear them for years. Penny for penny, they are better priced than the cheaper pairs you throw away at the end of one or two seasons.