Esteemed Contributor

Shopaholics: One Day at a Time (Sunday, 10/19)

Good morning, shopping friends. Today is a chilly day, made more comfy with the heat. Snow arrived in the higher elevations last night. Hibernation time until Spring arrives! I am watching some good Christmas items being presented. I have the Systema mugs but not in the gift configuration. I would be pleased if I received these as they are really great. I also have an earlier version of those while supplies last scissors. These are also great. I am posting this using ,my new 10.1 inch tablet. I love this tablet. I will keep the 7 inch one which is 2 years old to carry with me to work, etc. The 10.1 inch one will be frequently used instead of the bulky laptop. Midnight has already approved the new tablet use as it gives him more room to snuggle. I am debating the special value to be split and used as gifts. The other gift sets are not consumables so they are better if the cost per use is factored in, plus the calories are zero for the diet conscious people. I am off to have my mid-morning snack of low fat Greek yogurt. I climbed on the scales this morning expecting to see a gain based upon how I have been eating during the past month with its hectic schedule. I was rewarded with no gain. Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.
**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics: One Day at a Time (Sunday, 10/19)

I need to figure out how to make paragraphs for forums. It shows up as paragraphs on the tablet. I guess the laptop will be used for forum posting as I can't stand not having paragraphs.
**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

good morning Ladies,thanks for starting us Jean..I read your post on here last night about Lisa Mason and her DH. I had read ones on different threads several weeks ago people not knowing who was sick she or Dh ...but I see it is Gino....my prayers go out to them. I don't think any tablet makes paragraph's on these threads but I did find how to do it on some thread I read awhile ago....but I think if I do it here it will make a pargraph instead of showing you how. I will send you a pm on fB and show you.

Chilly here this morning too with the sun in and out. Yesterday we spent th day in Bklyn with our GS.having lunch and going to his soccer game..had a nice time.

Great news on your DD tests results LindaL...Hope that problem will be behind her now.

Hope your mom's doctor apt tomorrow results in the decreased of her eye drops and her eyes are much better Twinny.

. Your FB pictures of the Texas state fare were great Kathleen, safe travels back home today. Not much going on here....just regular "stuff". Have a nice day everyone,Marijane

Esteemed Contributor

Maryjane, thanks for the info. It didn't occur to me that the site required code if a tablet was used.It is a lazy day here also. So far, I haven't found that symbol on the virtual keyboard. A friend called to see if I wanted to go and eat out and go grocery shopping 55 miles away. I decided to pass as I just had lunch and had been out yesterday.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon! Thanks for getting us started Jean. I have that same problem when I post with the I-pad. It drives me crazy, so I only do it when necessary. I would be interested in how to solve that problem Marijane.

Glad you didn't gain weight despite having such a hectic schedule Jean. Also glad you got your shopping done yesterday. I don't blame you for not wanting to go again today.

Like Marijane, I read your entry about Lisa yesterday evening. I will add her and Gino to my prayers. Speaking of which -- how is your niece doing?

Happy you had a nice time yesterday Marijane. Hope you keep warm.

Keeping warm isn't difficult here. It should get up in the 80's today, but they are predicting a return to the 90's later in the week. The mornings are cool, and our walk was nice this morning.

Waves to Kathleen (enjoyed those fair pictures on FB), Arlene, twinny (good luck tomorrow), Susan, LindaR, Gayle, Rosa, Karen, Nancy, Sonya, Jules, Val, Gina, Kathy, and all of our posters and readers.

I didn't make it to the pool yesterday -- got involved in cooking, etc., but I do plan to go to the gym after church today. Regular "stuff" for me as well.

Have a good day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Your 80s sound great to me. Have you adjusted to not having the Maryland winters? You are active as usual. I was surprised to see Gino respond to my comment on Lisa's page. They, like many, have a struggle ahead.

Thank you for asking about my niece. She is off the ventilator and appears to do be doing better. Time will tell; she has a strong will to live.

Since I'm posting lengthy things today, I reverted back to the laptop. There is nothing wrong with the tablet if paragraphs aren't required. I looked all over and could not find the symbol required to use. In doing so, I found all types of symbols organizied by category, as well as images, etc but no < or > which is on the laptop and appears when the cap key is pressed for the period and comma keys. On the tablet, the pressing of the cap key on the period gives a question mark.

I have a huge bag of candy for use for Halloween if needed. I have yet to touch it or the TSV as cute as it might be.

Esteemed Contributor

This was taken about 20 miles from me. It isn't that pretty here as most of our leaves don't have the orange and reds but mostly yellow and brown.

Trusted Contributor

I just have the iPad Jean and also those symbols right on the virtual keyboard (no caps needed )plus a slew of others maybe if you go over to the electronics thread there may be someone who can help you or put in the search and you may be able to find out how to do it with your device. I always use that system < and > with the ""p"" in the middle and it makes paragraphs for me. LimdaL try what I just wrote but instead of ""and"" in middle type ""p"".
Esteemed Contributor

I know html as I used to do some websites although I haven't done much with it lately. There is also the code [ ] that is reserved for use on some discussion forums. I haven't tried that one. I have an html editor app on the tablet but you have to save it, copy it and then paste it. It is just too much trouble for a forum such as this. The [ ] tags with a "p" in it with create a paragraph on forums when web stuff is being imported for pasting such as a picture permitting the picture to show up instead of a link, or special things in signatures.

I am not a fan of virtual keyboards although this one is far better than the one on the smaller tablet I have. For limited posting, etc., I'll use the tablet; for more detailed things, I'll use the laptop.

Respected Contributor

Hi girls! it's a nice sunny day out but cool - low 60s. I got the bedroom closet finished yesterday, including putting up the new shoe organizer on the back of the door - it holds 26 pair and looks like it's even better than the last one I had, which lasted over 5 years. In doing the shoe swap I found some boots I had totally forgotten I have, including a cute navy blue pair by Markon which I must have gotten from QVC and never wore. Well, navy is a big color this year, and I got a navy blue purse in Nashville, so I'm all set. Today I'm going to do the bedroom chest - swapping out summer tops for sweaters. That was one of the many nice things about living in Hawaii - I didn't have to deal with this!

It made me sad to put away so many beautiful clothes that have never been worn - I really do have to stop buying things I don't need. My winter wardrobe, while large, isn't as overly extensive as my summer wardrobe, but I still have too much. Hopefully I'll be able to get a bag or two together for the missions closet.

I had a surprise when I put food out for the outdoor kitties - a package from Amazon! I guess Sunday delivery is something new; they must have made a deal of some sort with the USPS.

The leaves still aren't really turning here; I wonder if it's worth taking a drive out to the Sequatchie Valley. Seems like they're going from green to just brown and falling off the trees. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Jean, try using basic HTML to make paragraphs - you can read more at this link. Glad to hear your niece is doing better.

It's a shame about Lisa's husband; years ago you never heard about brain cancer, and now it's pretty common - that's what my husband died of, as did a good friend in Hawaii.

Well, guess I'd better get moving - I'd do the rest of the swap in stages, as I did yesterday: I worked for a while, took a break to read, worked some more, took another reading break... The sooner it's done the sooner I can get to cleaning the rest of the house.

Have a blessed day, everyone!