Regular Contributor

80% of FFANY profits going to Research?

I just heard Jane say that at least 80% of the profits from this event goes to cancer research. I have been watching this show for years and it was always 100% of the profits went to breast cancer research. Does anyone know when this started and where the other 20% is going?

Regular Contributor

Re: 80% of FFANY profits going to Research?

I had just turned the program on so if she explained this I missed it. TIA.

Trusted Contributor

I don't think there was any explanation but I could just guess. I really do wish Jane could do just one show without constantly talk about her daughters. C'mon she's presenting shoes for such a great cause but do we need to hear about her daughters even during tonight's presentation?
Super Contributor

I thought I heard at least 80% of the purchase price went to research. Purchase price and profit are two different things. Maybe one of them will say it again.
Regular Contributor

80% of the purchase price is what she keeps saying.

Respected Contributor

20% = I just assumed this percentage is QVC's portion. After all, QVC isn't a 5013C not-for-profit business. So I researched, and this is what I found:

From QVC website:

QVC continually strives to provide clear and consistent donation information at your point of purchase. Instead of using the term "net proceeds," we now specify the exact percentage of the purchase price that will benefit the charity. 80% of your purchase price on each "FFANY Shoes on Sale" item goes directly to support Fashion Footwear Charitable Foundation. In case you are curious, the other 20% is used to off-set expenses to create and execute this charitable initiative. QVC's goal is to raise awareness and generate funds for Fashion Footwear Charitable Foundation.

Regular Contributor

On 10/16/2014 cottage hill said:

20% = I just assumed this percentage is QVC's portion. After all, QVC isn't a 5013C not-for-profit business. So I researched, and this is what I found:

From QVC website:

QVC continually strives to provide clear and consistent donation information at your point of purchase. Instead of using the term "net proceeds," we now specify the exact percentage of the purchase price that will benefit the charity. 80% of your purchase price on each "FFANY Shoes on Sale" item goes directly to support Fashion Footwear Charitable Foundation. In case you are curious, the other 20% is used to off-set expenses to create and execute this charitable initiative. QVC's goal is to raise awareness and generate funds for Fashion Footwear Charitable Foundation.

Thank you. I always thought that QVC's "donation" was hosting the event itself. I was not aware that a portion of the sale went to them. They used to always say 100% of the net proceeds and that's why I was confused. Thanks for the research! Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

So QVC is not generating Funds for themselves? They don't make enough money? Really? QVC NEEDS that 20% plus the shipping they're making on each sale? Just think how much 20% is of all the sales they have made on those donated shoes, money which could have been a big help for such an important cause. That is unbelievable. I don't know what's happening with QVC, it certainly isn't the Q of old. They need to change their name because Quality has gone way downhill and so has Value.
Super Contributor

So if the 20% is covering the expenses of producing the show, Q is not actually contributing any funds toward this fundraiser if I read this right? They are just providing the stage. Maybe they write a big check they don't talk about--which would be nice.

Honored Contributor

I think the 20% also has to pay for that big event they have in NYC.