Contributor

Flattering??? Don't think so!!!

Did anyone think the D&C French terry jacket (A263535) with the high low bottom was flattering? I think that is carrying the high low design too far. My opinion, but I didn't think it looked good on any of the models. I'm wondering--what is Gary thinking?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Flattering??? Don't think so!!!

They've had a few other pieces that have the long back, and Susan Graver has done it as well. I know a lot of people like this style, but I personally think it looks silly and would never wear it. JMHO

Honored Contributor

Nope. When you cover things, you make them look bigger, not smaller. Gary was probably under what I think is the latest QVC Prime Directive: You must always, always, always make sure a woman's tush is covered - always. This made hips look wider and bottoms look bigger.

Super Contributor

On 10/15/2014 ChynnaBlue said:

Nope. When you cover things, you make them look bigger, not smaller. Gary was probably under what I think is the latest QVC Prime Directive: You must always, always, always make sure a woman's tush is covered - always. This made hips look wider and bottoms look bigger.

I totally agree!. Never have a top that covers the butt! It makes it look bigger. Not a good look.

Super Contributor

I have it in the olive, and I like it. It's really just like a normal hoodie with the back slightly longer . . it's very flattering . . on me any way. I like butt coverage - not that I'm huge, but I wear jeggings and this looks cute with a tank underneath. The material is not as thick as I'd like, but it's comfy.

"In my life, I've loved them all . . " The Beatles
Honored Contributor

I think they look good.

Contributor

Chynna--I think especially with a sweat jacket the butt coverage is so unflattering.

Trusted Contributor

I don't mind some high-low designs, but I do not like this one at all. When it is a gradual change in length it looks fine, but this jacket has sort of a "butt-flap" in back that looks really silly to me.
Esteemed Contributor

The high low part didn't bother me...it was the front that seemed a bit too rounded for my tastes. But as a whole...didn't think it looked bad. I actually like the high low better than the pointy side tops. ON ME...just talking about my own preference on me.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Super Contributor

Didn't realize there were so many professional stylists here at the forums.{#emotions_dlg.blink} And I wouldn't knock something unless I tried it. One more thing - some butts need to be covered up. Don't think because it's not covered, it looks good.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

"In my life, I've loved them all . . " The Beatles