Frequent Contributor

I wanted to purchase another Serena Williams TSV sweater from about a month ago. It is now $49.90. I received a 20% off coupon from HSN that I could use. Of course, even with the coupon, it is still quite a bit more than what I paid at the TSV price. How long does it take for HSN to drop prices on items? Should I just wait for it go on clearance or will that be 5 months from now?? Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Re: Question re: HSN Pricing

It's typically 2-3 months after the product is shown before the 1st big price reduction. Unless it's something you must have right now, it's worth the wait. Click on the heart-upper right hand corner on each product page for items that you might wish to purchase to get notifications on your account when pricing is reduced. This is how I track the items I want to purchase. I have had great results picking up some great buys with this strategy.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Super Contributor

That IS a nice sweater. I bought one when it was the TS, and am now watching for clearance prices. It'll probably be Jan or Feb before that happens, though.

Trusted Contributor

Sometimes I will wait for an item to go on sale or clearance. But if it is something I really like and want, I usually don't wait because if you do, you run the risk of them being out of the size and/or color you want.

Trusted Contributor

On 10/15/2014 Chi-town girl said: It's typically 2-3 months after the product is shown before the 1st big price reduction. Unless it's something you must have right now, it's worth the wait. Click on the heart-upper right hand corner on each product page for items that you might wish to purchase to get notifications on your account when pricing is reduced. This is how I track the items I want to purchase. I have had great results picking up some great buys with this strategy.

Chi-town, this is very helpful info. Thanks!

How are you liking your Altuzarra items? I am living in that python T and I'm sure will be switching over to the long sleeve version soon (although the short sleeve T will be great for layering).

Frequent Contributor

Thanks everyone - I may just go ahead and purchase with the 20% off coupon then.

Honored Contributor

On 10/15/2014 vaccinia said:
On 10/15/2014 Chi-town girl said: It's typically 2-3 months after the product is shown before the 1st big price reduction. Unless it's something you must have right now, it's worth the wait. Click on the heart-upper right hand corner on each product page for items that you might wish to purchase to get notifications on your account when pricing is reduced. This is how I track the items I want to purchase. I have had great results picking up some great buys with this strategy.

Chi-town, this is very helpful info. Thanks!

How are you liking your Altuzarra items? I am living in that python T and I'm sure will be switching over to the long sleeve version soon (although the short sleeve T will be great for layering).

Hi vaccinia-yes, I love the Altuzarra python tshirt. But my fav by far is the jacquard trench coat. It's so gorgeous and different for a rain coat! I hope Target will offer remaining inventory on sale-worth stalking the website. I could swear that a Q model was wearing the Altuzarra python high slit skirt last Friday during Lisa's show. I think it was during several segments including the new micro handbag. She wore the python skirt with black opaque tights-looked chic!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

Some items go on sale within a few weeks. Others never go on sale.

I remember some thought NeNe's TS would go on clearance quickly. I noticed yesterday it is still full price.

Trusted Contributor

This is what I purchased with my 20% off coupon:

http://www.hsn.com/products/rarities-037ct-diamond-sterling-silver-x-ring/7563547

Sorry...........don't know how to make it a clickable link.

Honored Contributor

On 10/15/2014 muttmom said:

Some items go on sale within a few weeks. Others never go on sale.

I remember some thought NeNe's TS would go on clearance quickly. I noticed yesterday it is still full price.

a couple of things that i bought sold out the night she was on and never even came back in stock......i wanted to pick up another one and it sold out AND i guess there were no returns.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein