Trusted Contributor

Shopaholics - ODAT - Wednesday

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

Not much going on here today, it is dreary and a little cool out. We lucked out on the storms last night, we only got the winds and rain. We had a little lightening but not much, of course it was just enough to scare the dog.

I did one constructive thing around here today, swept the downstairs, I do need to get my summer clothes put away. I washed up all my shirts and they are drying, but I need to get the rest of the fall/winter shirts out and rinse them. I am so exciting I just can't stand myself.

Well off to start some lunch, hope everyone has a great afternoon.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics - ODAT - Wednesday

Susan, We have had lots of rain this week too. We had bad storms Monday night & got 2"of rain. Today when DH looked at the rain gauge, it was overflowing at 4". Today it is cloudy but so far no more rain. It is cool too only in the mid 50's. Tomorrow they say 60's & maybe some sunshine. I don't want to put away my summer clothes until I know winter is HERE to stay. I am still hoping for Indian Summer.

Last night went well when my brother came at 5:00 & did nighttime eye drop duty. I didn't have to go over to mom's until 9:00 today. I am still tired, but hopefully with neighbors helping out as well, our lives will be much easier.

Today my DH & I have to look through some health insurance plans. His Retirement health insurance is changing next year as we are both on Medicare. We got info in the mail last month & it looks like a headache waiting to happen. We did call the number they said to call to start the plan rolling & they asked all kinds of questions about the drugs we take & the Dr.'s we visit. Then on October 31, we have to call the company again to see what plan they want us in. Now it looks like we need to call all of our Dr's to see what network they are in for coverage. UGH!!!

Leftovers for lunch & dinner so I will have an easy day today. Tomorrow looks to be exciting for us as we might be able to leave town to vehicle hunt as my brother will be coming again in the afternoon & staying until eye drop duty is over for the evening.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Susan,

My life is looking up today already. Just got a call from one of my BF's from HS saying she & her DH are an hour away. They are coming back from a MN mini vacation. They will be here soon & we will play cards & maybe go out for ribs tonight for dinner. Eye drop duty is in 2 minutes & again at 5 for me so we will definitely put some fun in our lives.

Happy day to all of you out there.

Respected Contributor

Hi girls!

It's another overcast day here as well, and cool - I guess I need to start thinking about swapping out my clothes, although like you, twinny, I'm hoping for an Indian Summer.

Someone from the town's Friends & Neighbors page is coming over to look at my door; the key moves in the lock now, but the door is still sealed shut. I wish I could find an honest handyman whom I could rely on for things like this, but "honest handyman" seems to be an oxymoron, at least around here. (sigh)

Meanwhile, I have to take a bunch of stuff out to the garage; much of it is going to the thrift shop, but I want it out of the way. Also need to get started on the cleaning.

Nothing else planned - I'm off to Publix in a little while, as they have a good sale on cat food and I like to keep a couple months' supply on hand.

Have a blessed day, everyone!

Valued Contributor

Good afternoon!

I have not posted lately but have lurked! Seems like everyone is busy as usual.

We have had lot of rain lately, but right now the sun is shining.

Still busy at work with lots of new thing to learn, the days fly by.

I have started a Zumba class at our local Parks and Rec Department. I really enjoy the class as well as the people, we have fun and get a good work-out. Can not beat that.

Last month I went to PA for a long weekend with a friend and saw Moses at the Sight and Sound Theater. It was truly amazing, I love to visit PA. Did a little shopping at the Tanger outlets, no sales tax on clothes. I have had to replace some of my pants and was able to get several pairs at the Talbots' outlet.

I hope that everone is well.

Respected Contributor

Rosa so nice to "see" you!! I love Zumba!! I wanted to see that movie, glad to hear that you enjoyed it, and that you are able to stay busy and enjoying some time with your friend and new pants. Yay!

Twinny, how nice to spend some time with your BF out of the blue. I need some girlfriend time. My ladies group is supposed to meet tonight but it appears to have been cancelled again.

Susan I've been struggling to get some things done at the house. I seem to only have energy to eat and plop on the couch every night. The floors really need a little attention from me. Maybe I can get a little bit done tonight but need to run to the grocery.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening! Thanks for getting us started Susan. Hope you got things done that you wanted to do. If not, tomorrow is another day. It is warm here right now (upper 80's and sunny), but I know that it is rainy where DD and family live in Maryland. And, there was even a threat of tornadoes. Hope that doesn't happen.

Hi twinny -- glad your friend is coming by, and your brother will be helping out tomorrow. Try to fit as much fun and joy in your life as possible. I know it is a struggle with your Mom, but hope things will be looking up soon.

Hope they can fix that door Arlene. I have a couple of bags of clothing that I am waiting to donate, but I'll probably add to them.

Great to see you posting Rosa. We were worried about you, but it sounds like you are busy and having some good times. I tried Zumba once -- what a workout!! I will probably go back sometime, but it will be a while until I'm ready. I do get a good workout at the gym and at Curves, but Zumba "kicked it up a notch" as they say.

Hi Kathleen -- hope you get some girlfriend time soon.

Waves to Jean (working again), Marijane, LindaR, Gayle, Karen, and all of our posters and readers.

DH seems back to normal -- even went to the gym with me yesterday and walked with me this morning. DD is still waiting to hear from her doctor about the test results.

We are just back from Wal Mart and COSTCO, and I will be leaving for Curves soon. DD wanted a set of the TSV sheets for their bed (King size), plus two twin size sets for a couple of the boys. So, I guess I have been doing a lot of Q shopping today.

Hope everyone sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Good to see you, Rosa - I was getting concerned!

Well, I went to Publix, and when I went to open the trunk found I had lost my eyes. Fortunately, someone found them and turned them in.

A lovely man came over and fixed me door; the plate from the lock shifted from the dampness, so he moved it. He also covered my pool and took the medicine cabinet with him that the guy I hired "didn't feel like doing" to put it together - I'm so blessed that the Lord sends people to help me out - He takes good care of me! {#emotions_dlg.wub}

My vacuum cleaner wasn't picking up, so I took it outside, pretty much took it apart to find what was clogging it up, and - amazingly - got it put back together again. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I'm off to make something to eat, feed the critters, and then I'm going to chill out for the evening and watch my NCIS shows.

Have a good night, everyone!