Super Contributor

Which combination would you rather wear?

Thinking about this as I chose jewelry this morning.

In your daily life, would you rather wear:

A. Simple earrings and a noticeable necklace

B. More noticeable earrings and a simple necklace or no necklace at all?

C. Something different - if so, please explain

Honored Contributor

Re: Which combination would you rather wear?

Wow, you make it sound so serious....lol My answer is all of the above. But not at the same time. I'm a jewelry girl, I feel naked with it. When I wear a statment necklace, I wear small earrings. When I wear larger, statement earrings; I don't wear a necklace. I love rings and bracelets too. When I wear a big, bold ring; I don't wear a bracelet. One of my favorite fall/winter looks is a bright turtleneck with a bold earring and either a big honker ring on my right hand or a big bold cuff bracelet.

Honored Contributor

B. That's the style currently. Less is more. Necklaces are less and less important. Unless you're wearing a long tunic (hear that QVC??) then you can wear a long necklace. But really I think necklaces are just not around as they once were.

Trusted Contributor

I love eye-catching earrings and often wear those with a bold bracelet. On other occasions, though, I wear a statement necklace and "quiet" earrings. I like to change things up!

What I don't do is wear several pieces of bold jewelry at a time -- especially bold earrings and necklaces together. Just too much, too close together, and overwhelms the face.

Frequent Contributor

C. Simple earrings, thin bracelet, if at all, band ring, no necklace, occasional watch.
Respected Contributor

I seldom wear earrings. I do not have pierced ears so mine are either clip on or screw on (remember those?) styles. If I do wear them they are fairly simple and with a more elegant necklace.

Super Contributor

I wear a screw on and a few clips . Bangels and a simple cross

Trusted Contributor

All of the above to be honest. It depends on my mood and on the outfit. Sometimes it calls for less is more, other times the more is fun.

Honored Contributor

Earrings and rings for me. Not much on necklaces. I do wear a bracelet occasionally especially if it's a Southwestern matching ring and bracelet.

Honored Contributor

I gave earrings up when I got a job that demanded I was on the phone for hours each day. Long after that job ended, I still don't wear them, mostly because I have long hair and they won't be seen or tangle in my hair. I had my ears pierced when I was 6 and wore earrings all the time up to the point where I got that job when I was about 23.